Cowboy Shows Off the Diversity of MMA in One Finish

Gabe

Saturdays are for the Boys
@Silver
Reaction score
Donald-Cerrone-vs.-Edson-Barboza.gif

Underrated finish IMO, one of only two men to submit Barboza in 18 UFC fights, the other being interim lightweight champ Tony Ferguson. He did something similar against Siver earlier in his UFC career.

https://goo.gl/images/Gq3ZXN

That step in jab was damn nasty, had people question Barboza's chin, but we know he has a good chin.

Glasschinned barboza getting floored by a cerrone Jab.

Cowboy has had many moments of brilliance, but never seems to win that fight that puts him over the top...

Cowboy has had many moments of brilliance, but never seems to win that fight that puts him over the top...
His destruction of Eddie’s legs was amazing to watch.

But yeah Cowboy loses those key match ups most of the time. Would be cool if he bounces back at LW.

That jab, gotta love it when the basics are the game changers.

One of the best all around performance from Cowboy and an underrated win at that @Gabe is vs Dunham. Owns him standing, rocks him with a knee, outgrapples him and finishes with a triangle choke. Sick full on mma display.

I've said it in other threads, but I'll say it here again...Cerrone...one of my favorite fighters.

Glasschinned barboza getting floored by a cerrone Jab.
So Barboza has been finished by strikes ONCE in MMA in 24 pro fights and Donald Cerrone has been finished by Darren Till, was KO'd twice in one fight by Jorge Masvidal and dropped several times by Dos Anjos.

If Barboza's chin is glass, when what is Cerrone's made out of? Wet paper bag?

Getting dropped by a jab you don't see doesn't mean you have a glass jaw. Consider joining a local MMA gym and do some sparring, so you can learn the difference.

As Bushpig said, it was a "costly time to blink". If you know and see the punch/kick coming, you can brace for it. It makes a huge difference in how your body reacts.

Before the dummies fly in to call me a "Cerrone hater", I am not. Just using him as a comparison for the silly glass chinned comment.

Last edited:
That jab, gotta love it when the basics are the game changers.

I swear sometimes I think one of the main differences between good fighters and great fighters is their fundamentals. So many guys could improve their game by developing a good jab and leg kick.

Donald is the shit. Even in loses he makes it fun and ducks no one. Great finisher and fights more then any fighter per calender year! Support cowboy every time personally

I thought it was going to be a montage of Cerone beating up minorities

Back