what fights need to happen now at HW

canadian_mmafan

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Arlovski vs. Tuivasa this June - good test for Tuivasa, Arlovski is on a 2-fight winning streak

Blaydes taking on Overeem on the same June card, Overeem coming off a big loss vs. the undefeated young Blaydes (fight with ngannou stopped due to injuries)

Miocic vs. Cormier this July

Albini vs. Oliynyk this May

Dos Santos and Ben Rothwell are out due to failed drug tests? Travis Browne should retire according to Dana.

What do u do with Werdum, Hunt, Ngannou all coming off losses. Lewis has a win, so does Volkov. Brock? Cain?

Ngannou vs. Werdum? Werdum has officially crossed the post-prime threshold and would probably get annihilated. Hunt vs. Ngannou, Ngannou takes it. Ngannou beats them all! Lewis vs. Volkov, I see Lewis taking it, and after all these match-ups no ones closer to deserving a title shot.

CroCop vs. Nelson MAY - Fedor vs. Mir APRIL

Minakov is badly needed in the UFC

I'm hoping HW Rumble comes back to fight Ngannou or Black Beast.

i´d like volkov vs ngannou

also, UFC needs to hire new talent for the HW division, wich is in it´s worst state in years

hoping for a cain return

brock could also be welcome

i´d like volkov vs ngannou

also, UFC needs to hire new talent for the HW division, wich is in it´s worst state in years

hoping for a cain return

brock could also be welcome

They signed CroCop's protege 6'0'' 26 year old Darko Stostic. He's 12-1 and looks pretty good.

Jones can't juice no more and looses energy and starts gaining weight, comes to heavyweight because he has a hard time cutting, gets knocked out by hunt on hunts last fight. Hunt goes on a rant on his post fight speech , on how he hates juice heads and Dana

Ngannou vs Lewis
Volkov vs Winner of Overeem vs Blydes
Cain vs Werdum rematch
Arlovski vs Hunt

Arlovski vs. Tuivasa this June - good test for Tuivasa, Arlovski is on a 2-fight winning streak

Blaydes taking on Overeem on the same June card, Overeem coming off a big loss vs. the undefeated young Blaydes (fight with ngannou stopped due to injuries)

Dos Santos and Ben Rothwell are out due to failed drug tests? Travis Browne should retire according to Dana.

What do u do with Werdum, Hunt, Ngannou all coming off losses. Lewis has a win, so does Volkov. Brock? Cain?

Ngannou vs. Werdum? Werdum has officially crossed the post-prime threshold and would probably get annihilated. Hunt vs. Ngannou, Ngannou takes it. Ngannou beats them all! Lewis vs. Volkov, I see Lewis taking it, and after all these match-ups no ones closer to deserving a title shot.

Assuming Cain doesn't come back:

Summer 2018
Stipe vs. DC (already official)
Werdum vs. Hunt 2
Ngannou vs. Lewis
Arlovski vs. Tuivasa (already official)
Reem vs. Blaydes (already official)

End of 2018
Volkov vs. DC/Stipe winner
Blaydes/Reem winner vs. Ngannou/Lewis winner
Blaydes/Reem loser vs. Ngannou/Lewis loser
***Reem/Ngannou rematch, Reem/Lewis, Blaydes/Ngannou rematch, and Blaydes/Lewis would all be awesome.

HW champ vs. Blaydes/Reem/Ngannou/Lewis winner

-This organizes the next 3 title shots. We have DC, Volkov, and then either Blaydes, a Reem rematch (retirement match probably), a Ngannou rematch, or Lewis. All would be awesome fights for Stipe, DC, and Volkov.
- Tuivasa is in the mix too if he beats Arlovski. Arlovski could be back in the mix by beating Tuivasa. They could have the fourth TS or be fighting any mix of Volkov, Ngannou, Blaydes, Stipe, and Lewis for it. (I think Reem, Hunt, and Werdum will retire sometime next year or early 2020. DC said he's done next year at age 40)

Ngannou vs anyone with competent wrestling.
Stipe vs anyone.
Arlovski vs Overeem rematch for battle of the chinningtons.

Ngannou vs Lewis because that’s fireworks. Lewis will get slept IMO.Lewis has it coming he has acted bitter towards Ngannou and jealous even for no real reason. That will give time for them to match Bork Vs Ngannou for a huge PPV casual fest ratings extravaganza.

Black Beast vs Volkov

Ngannou vs. Cain
If Cain comes back I'd rather see Lewis/Ngannou and Cain/Volkov. Why?

-Cain beating Volkov would give him an instant TS since Volkov just beat the top contender in Werdum.
-Making Ngannou face another wrestler this soon will just kill his career. That's a dumb move as a promoter considering how thin HW is.
-Ngannou/Lewis is a much more fun and sellable fight due to Lewis hating Ngannou.
-Volkov's lack of TDD makes him an easier win for Cain than Ngannou. And let's be real, the UFC wants Cain to win his comeback so they can have him fight for the TS since he's a much bigger name than Volkov.

Lewis v. Ngannou - They've talked trash and both want it why not?

Jon Jones v. Lesnar - Steroid championship of the world.

Hunt v. Hesdy - Let him fight a striker who wants to come to mma.

Volkov v. Stipe/DC winner - Wouldn't be a huge fight but put it in Russia and that's a solid HW championship.

Greg Hardy vs. Mark Godbeer - Either Hardy blasts him or gets blasted. Win/win.

Lewis v. Ngannou - They've talked trash and both want it why not?

Jon Jones v. Lesnar - Steroid championship of the world.

Hunt v. Hesdy - Let him fight a striker who wants to come to mma.

Volkov v. Stipe/DC winner - Wouldn't be a huge fight but put it in Russia and that's a solid HW championship.

Greg Hardy vs. Mark Godbeer - Either Hardy blasts him or gets blasted. Win/win.
Hesdy vs hunt is actually a good idea.

Assuming Cain doesn't come back:

Summer 2018
Stipe vs. DC (already official)
Werdum vs. Hunt 2
Ngannou vs. Lewis
Arlovski vs. Tuivasa (already official)
Reem vs. Blaydes (already official)

End of 2018
Volkov vs. DC/Stipe winner
Blaydes/Reem winner vs. Ngannou/Lewis winner
Blaydes/Reem loser vs. Ngannou/Lewis loser
***Reem/Ngannou rematch, Reem/Lewis, Blaydes/Ngannou rematch, and Blaydes/Lewis would all be awesome.

HW champ vs. Blaydes/Reem/Ngannou/Lewis winner

-This organizes the next 3 title shots. We have DC, Volkov, and then either Blaydes, a Reem rematch (retirement match probably), a Ngannou rematch, or Lewis. All would be awesome fights for Stipe, DC, and Volkov.
- Tuivasa is in the mix too if he beats Arlovski. Arlovski could be back in the mix by beating Tuivasa. They could have the fourth TS or be fighting any mix of Volkov, Ngannou, Blaydes, Stipe, and Lewis for it. (I think Reem, Hunt, and Werdum will retire sometime next year or early 2020. DC said he's done next year at age 40)
You definitely win the best plan of HW. The one thing I can see different is Blaydes maybe taking over for Volkov if it impressive win and ufc Moscow doesn't happen.

You definitely win the best plan of HW. The one thing I can see different is Blaydes maybe taking over for Volkov if it impressive win and ufc Moscow doesn't happen.
Good point. Blaydes seems like he'd be okay with Volkov getting the TS over him, though. He himself said during a press conference that he's young and in no rush to get a TS.

My ideal plan would include a Cain comeback at UFC 226, which DC sort of hinted at in January. I'd have Cain/Volkov with the winner getting the TS in the end of the year. All else stays same in the plan.

Back