Is Fox replacing UFC with Bowling??

dertdent

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Post by Corn Nuts on the underground

In 2019, FOX Sports will televise four PBA Tour shows on FOX and 25 on FS1 in a series of two-hour telecasts. All programs will also be streamed on FOX Sports GO. Details pertaining to the FOX Sports-PBA package regarding PBA Tour locations, dates and times, and the television announcing team will be released at a later date.

http://www.foxsports.com/presspass/...nnounce-multi-year-multi-platform-rights-deal

Corn Nuts points out "Bowling is getting four 2 hour shows on big Fox (sound familiar?) and 25 shows on FS1. Bowling is literally replacing the UFC's time slots."

Take that and your negotiation tactics WME.

michelle-waterson-bowling.gif

I don't know why don't you check the thread that was posted yesterday about it?

Great!!.......now I have to stay up till 3am to watch bloody bowling!!!

Well there ARE 52 weeks in a year. I still haven't seen anything that says the UFC isn't staying with FOX. They even mentioned the UFC as an example of them being the home of a bunch of main stream sports.

Does anyone have actual proof that the UFC isn't staying on FOX? I haven't heard about them officially extending their contract, but it seems silly that they might not be able to come to some sort of agreement.

Are they the same time slot? They've been Sundays afternoons for probably like 20 years. I'm pretty sure they don't bring a very big audience and cost a small fraction of what UFC is asking for. I really doubt it has much effect on it either way.

Well there ARE 52 weeks in a year. I still haven't seen anything that says the UFC isn't staying with FOX. They even mentioned the UFC as an example of them being the home of a bunch of main stream sports.

Does anyone have actual proof that the UFC isn't staying on FOX? I haven't heard about them officially extending their contract, but it seems silly that they might not be able to come to some sort of agreement.
ESPN, NBC, and FOX were all supposed to be bidding on the tv rights. WME requested that their final offers to be in by the end of this month.

still more entertaining than boring wrasslers in MMA.

If it’s this kind of bowling, maybe I’d watch...

team-worlds-end-bowls-for-their-lives-poster-image-1024x576.jpg

But with UFC fighters

ESPN, NBC, and FOX were all supposed to be bidding on the tv rights. WME requested that their final offers to be in by the end of this month.

Thanks for that. I'm curious to see if they actually end up somewhere else. ESPN would be a terrible move, imo, but NBC wouldn't be that bad since they already show boxing. I still think they stay put.

Bowling, bigger then Soccer.

Pete Weber, new bantamweight champion.

Back