Any love for Anik here?

PirateTetra

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
I really like the dude, he has done a great job replacing Goldie. He also seems a bit more relaxed now and he is actually pretty funny.

I mean I love Goldie but I think Anik is pretty cool too.

007_Jon_Anik.1334775014.0.jpg

I enjoy the dude I don’t get the hate for him by some people on here.

Yep.

I am one of the few here who enjoys Anik.

He can be robotic at times, but he always has me chuckling when he screams at someone getting KTFO.

I don't like his voice and flow for some reason. Not sure why, but I just don't like listening to him.

Just needs catch phrases and a radio voice.

anik gained my respect when he got the 209 tattoo after diaz beat conor because he said he would.

Other than the time he burned DC with his joke on AKA training methods, not really.

Like him as a dude, hate him as a commentator.

His best role was back when he started out, on the desk as an MMA news show host.

In the booth cageside, I find him brutal to listen to. I would trade him to get Goldie back in an instant.

He does a good job, just has zero personality; which he seems to realize and only chimes in when needed.

I have no love for him but I do think he's kind of needed in the broadcast team to balance out the strong personalities of Rogan, Cormier and Cruz.

I don't get all the hate for him. There is more than enough personality in the rotation they use for color commentary. He's good as straight play by play guy and gives the color guys room to do their thing.

I didn't like him when he first started because he didn't know shit about mma. He would call basic strikes and submissions wrong. He's learned a lot though, and I actually like the guy now. He obviously stepped his game up and actively tried to improve. Respect.

Back