Bettendorf High School, Iowa

Swain

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
Is there a single high school that has produced more UFC fighters?

Pat Miletich
Mark Kerr
Robbie Lawler
Drew Mcfedries
Jordan Johnson

Theres a highschool here in Austin thats produced 2 super bowl MVPs in 10 years.

Drew Brees and Foles

Thats crazy shit.

Robbie Lawler and Drew Mcfedries used to remind me a lot of each other. Something must have been in the drinking water there.

I’m a club DJ and radio personality who once dated a girl who went to the same high school as Tom Brady...so that place is pretty much a gold mine!!

Theres a highschool here in Austin thats produced 2 super bowl MVPs in 10 years.

Drew Brees and Foles

Thats crazy shit.
Crimson fan? As in Roll Tide? If so, you know who my cousin Milo Lewis is and the homie Connie Brown. Best college football team in the nation!

Out here in Frisco, we have Galileo High School.. which has alumni in Joe DiMaggio, O.J. Simpson, Bobby Shaw, Lenny Walls, and a few more pro baseball and pro football players. Also the Haas Brothers (started Levi Strauss), Richard Goldman (original co-owner of the Giants), and Pat Sheehan (Playboy centerfold Ms October in 1958) went there.

I mean, Miletich was running his camp, one of the most successful camps in MMA history, there and poaching the high school wrestling talent along with other locals, so I'm not that shocked. Still a pretty cool statistic when you consider that Mark Kerr and Jordan Johnson had no affiliation whatsoever to Miletich Fighting Systems.

All my high school has is Brian Wilson, the multi-time MLB all-star pitcher, who had his career ended after his second Tommy John surgery, graduated a year before I went to HS, and then a Houston Texans Tight End, Ryan Griffin, who went to a prep school until his senior year when he played for us and avoided everyone.

The only other "famous" person we had is that annoying, gay, hack comedian "Ant" who used to be on all those shitty VH1 clip shows in the mid 2000s.

But hey, Chyna and HHH briefly lived here, and I see the singer from Godsmack at the grocery store all the time. One of my good family friends is one of Trump's advisors and is an annoying loudmouth, known as the most controversial congress member. Oh and we have a stupid fucking ghost story/urban legend called "Ocean Born Mary". We suck, pretty much.

Last edited:
I’m a club DJ and radio personality who once dated a girl who went to the same high school as Tom Brady...so that place is pretty much a gold mine!!
What does you being a DJ and Radio voice have to do with the rest?

What does you being a DJ and Radio voice have to do with the rest?
It's shameless self promotion.... some people :rolleyes:

Btw- pm me if anyone needs to buy or sell a house in Northern New Jersey!

I used to go to Pleasant Valley High School in Bettendorf, Iowa; never would’ve thought anything would come out of that area of substance; kinda proud :)

Drew Brees and Foles

Thats crazy shit.

Matt Stafford and Clayton Kershaw played HS baseball and football on the same team

I graduated from the same HS as Dan Gable, 20+ years later.

Fair to say he's been slightly more successful than I have.

Is there a single high school that has produced more UFC fighters?

Pat Miletich
Mark Kerr
Robbie Lawler
Drew Mcfedries
Jordan Johnson
Iowa has like what, 2 high schools?

The same highschool also produced Randy Couture

600x600.jpg

When you look at it deeper, it's really not that surprising. Iowa has been the hotbed for MMA going back to the early years. Bones Jones wrestled there; I think Cain did as well. Robbie grew up there. The most accomplished heavyweight in UFC history, at least until Stipe came along, was from Iowa. So was Jens Pulver and many other great early UFC champs and fighters. Matt Hughes trained there. The "gable grip" for securing chokes is named after Olympic gold medalist Dan Gable, the legendary Iowa wrestling coach. Phil Davis and the entire Penn State wrestling crew came from the Iowa lineage of wrestling coaches -- their head coach Cael Sanderson wrestled at Iowa State.

Pretty much any top American wrestler has a connection through his coach with Iowa, or at the very least he is being trained on techniques and methods that were developed and honed in Iowa in the 80s and 90s. MMA is dominated by what Dan Gable taught all of these guys many years ago. Royce gets the headlines, but Cain and Bones and Robbie and Hughes and Jens and many, many others are connected to Iowa. It's fascinating.

Back