Robin Black reveals Eddie Bravo's plan for Tony

dertdent

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score

Black says that Tony won't fight takedowns, will look for a D'arce, but if it isn't there land in guard. Then try to cut Khabib up with elbows, make Khabib want to get up from taking damage, and beat him up on the feet. Not a great gameplan. Starts talking about Eddie 7:30 into video.

That's what I figured his strategy would be and it's not a bad one considering he's going to end up on the mat no matter what.

Amii0Ki.gif

Khabib's top position isn't generic JJ for Tony to be able to capitalize on it like that so I don't think this game plan will work. But I hope it does..

If Khabib wins I feel it will look a lot like Sherk vs Florian.

I met Eddie Bravo before at a Fan Expo and there was no one on his line yet so we were just having a casual conversation

he was plugging Joey Diaz really hard to me

maybe Tony Ferguson should forget English like McDermz and Joey Diaz can be his translator?

Might work. Still see tony losing 2 10 8 rounds early as wrll as a 3rd before he tkos khabib in the 4th.

Jesus Christ.

I just wasted five minutes of my life. So much to say and nothing of any fucking value. He could have said everything in 15 seconds.

He still needs to make Khabib work for the takedown. Tony has proven he doesn't get tired, why not try to get Khabib a little worn down from going for several takedowns, make him work.

What would you suggest? If he went into the fight expecting to be able to stop the takedown, that would be exceedingly stupid
Avoid the Takedown as much as possible, and try to piece Khabib up, and if he hurts Khabib, go for D'arce. Tony has long arms, and needs space to get his subs, and Khabib won't give him any space to do shit.

26 minute video summarised in 2 sentences by TS.
Robin Black bless.

As durable as Tony is, nobody has a perfect chin and infinite cardio. They'll fail you no matter what if you take too much of a beating. Ferguson seems ok with taking lots of punishment and planning to take over in the later rounds, but he may get more diminished by the punishment than Khabib will get tired.

Last edited:
I figured Tonys strategy would be to elbow the steel holding together the octagon, hope that rattles Khabib er sumn.

At least thats what his training vids implies.

Tony NEEDs to add reistance to any TD Khabib tries if he plans on using one of his strongest weapons in cardio.

Back