Why are MMA fighters are still obsessed with boxers?

KazDibiase

"My style is kneeing people in the face."
@Silver
Reaction score
You'll think after that MayMac bullshit that it'll be over but you still have fighters calling out boxers. Like Wtf?

Mostly inferiority complex, UFC fighters are aware that they would never thrive in a sport with a deep talent pool like Boxing.

You'll think after that MayMac bullshit that it'll be over but you still have fighters calling out boxers. Like Wtf?
how many examples you got out of the hundreds of fighters?

If they're calling them for an MMA fight, it's for the easy win.

If they're calling them for a boxing match, it's for the money.

I don't know. But Woodley asking Dana if he could box Andre Ward might be the stupidest thing I've heard in a very long time.

I don't know. But Woodley asking Dana if he could box Andre Ward might be the stupidest thing I've heard in a very long time.
Had to research it and see for myself, what in the world was Woodley thinking.

Boxers are also constantly talking about MMA, mayweather, Gervonta Davis, Joshua calling out Ngannou, Fury saying he could take Stipe. It goes both ways.

ufc always tells their fighters to promote themselves. what better way to promote yourself than going into boxing....where YOU CAN actually promote yourself

Dat title...

giphy.gif

no one ITT has realised it yet but it's definitely money.

And WWE wrestlers, like ppl said money

Boxing and MMA is where it's at.

How often do you hear boxers calling out kickboxers? No, they don't. They call out MMA fighters.

It's the one martial art that we haven't gotten to see champion level or even high level competitors of in MMA.

We've gotten world champ wrestlers, judo, bjj, strikers all in their athletic primes trying MMA. We've never even gotten a decent boxer.

Combine that with how golden glove level boxers like Stipe and Conor have been making MMA guys look stupid and it's really intriguing.

It's also no secret that kickboxers are second rate athletes compared to boxers. So, people also want to see what a real top level striker -- which is a boxer -- looks like in MMA.

It's the only martial art left with some of that mysterious, unknown martial art UFC 1 intrigue to it. No one really knows what to expect. There's still some magic left.

It goes both ways. Joshua and Davis can't seem to stop talking about wanting fighting MMA.

Back