Who do you think Dana wants to win

hunt12

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
Khabib is honestly a nightmare for connie but would do more ppvs. Where i feel Fergo is an easier fight but id choose him over connie. If khabib wins you have a somewhat star but if Fergo wins you get no ppvs... hmm

He probably wants Ferguson to win because Khabib will smash his boy.

Edit: Just to clarify, I don't like Conor's chances against Ferguson either.

Greedypotomus has already uttered the, "Conor wants to fight Khabib in Russia....Isn't he awesome?" nonsense.

I think it's pretty clear who da Red Goof wants to win.

Khabib.

If fighting in Russia is any kind of possibility of being real. He’s the man they want. If he has to pull out in the future. They’ll just make another Interim champion.

He will 10000% root for Khabib, he wants to tap the russian market and no matter how much I like Ferg, he just isn't marketable.

Khabib no doubt, just imagine holding an event in Russia. Imagine the turnout to see Khabib end Conors career
giphy.gif

Greedypotomus has already uttered the, "Conor wants to fight Khabib in Russia....Isn't he awesome?" nonsense.

I think it's pretty clear who da Red Goof wants to win.
Well, only if we believed his lies and that's <{danayeah}>

Honestly, I don't know if he cares either way. If I had to take an educated-ish guess, he might prefer Ferguson to take it because he's got the same manager as Conor. Dana might think that could help him in negotiations to make McG come back. Really, though, nobody knows.

Dana definitely wants Khabib to win. He has the chance to be a very dominant long-reigning champion. His broken English combined with serious matter-of-fact Russian attitude makes him very marketable in a way. Having a dominant Russian champion could help the UFC lure more top talent from Russia and Eastern Europe, where there are a lot of such fighters, especially at 205, that seem to have minimal desire to sign with the UFC. Khabib gaining recognition as champion could change that and help the UFC shore up their flagship weight classes and reverse the trend of watering down their product with so many manlets and WMMA fighters.

Conor has no real desire to fight Khabib or Tony. It is just too big a risk of severely damaging the allure he has crafted as his brand. He has about a 10-15% chance of knocking either Khabib or Tony out in the first few exchanges of the fight. If he's not able to do that, the inevitable happens. Tony latches onto him with one of his crazy standing chokes and drags Conor to the ground, where he will easily be embarrassed and forced to tap, likely even quicker than his record-setting millisecond tap to Diaz's rear naked choke. Khabib takes Conor to the ground with little resistance like he does to all his opponents. From there, he absolutely controls fish-out-of-water Conor and brutalizes him. Conor hopes that the referee stops the fight fairly quickly, so he can spin some cockamamie excuse about it being stopped early, like he did after the Mayweather fight, or invent some other ridiculous bullshit like how he was inefficient with his energy against a fighter that had no training camp.

Conor will keep being Conor, teasing like he wants to fight when in reality he is just trying to keep his name in the news. He will only fight again if the reward greatly outweighs the risk, or very safe fights, where he has an advantage and there is very little risk that he will get embarrassed. For example, more fights against journeyman Nate Diaz. Angling to fight Frankie Edgar on short notice after a new opponent was already announced. Proposing a 165-lb division to fight GSP for a belt. Bullshit like that.

He is rooting for both to be on airplanes that crash on route to the event, with no survivors.

Ferguson, no doubt. Conor has a much better chance of beating him.

I don't think Dana knows yet. He has no assurance that Conor is going to even fight again in the UFC. He would like Khabib for the Russian market, but is probably worried that Conor would stall coming back, for obvious reasons. If Tony wins, he probably thinks there's a chance McGregor will strap on the 4 oz. gloves, but he's probably worried that Conor would time his availability to do Diaz III.
But that's what happens when you give an inch to a drawing power like Conor.

I think khabib because he's one of the few with potential PPV stars left in the sport. not like he has the PPV numbers so far to show for it thus why I saw "potential." this next year will prove whether khabib can be a big star in the sport or not

Khabib is honestly a nightmare for connie but would do more ppvs. Where i feel Fergo is an easier fight but id choose him over connie. If khabib wins you have a somewhat star but if Fergo wins you get no ppvs... hmm
Dana doesn't give a fuck, so long as they make him money

Back