Gus demands interim title shot !

Shep Proudfoot

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
"Me fighting D.C. [Cormier] for the real title, that opportunity went out the window," Gustafsson said. "I feel I earned my spot off my last performance -- but here we are. With D.C. moving up, the next step for me should be for an interim title. "I brought it up to the UFC. Let's see what happens. All I know is that in my situation, whoever they put in front of me next, it must be for the interim title."

Guy has lost half of his last six fights, his most recent wins over Jan and Glover and he wants an interim title shot ? The guy has never beat a legit top 5 fighter.

http://www.espn.com/mma/story/_/id/22847231/ufc-alexander-gustafsson-my-next-fight-the-interim-title

He's champion material but doesn't deserve title shot yet.

Guy has lost half of his last six fights, his most recent wins over Jan and Glover and he wants an interim title shot ? The guy has never beat a legit top 5 fighter.
Glover is legit top 5 but he eyepoked his way to a victory.

Shut the fuck up Gus, DC just defended his belt.

I used to like Gus, now he's becoming more and more of a whiny entitled fighter.

maybe he "doesn't deserve a title shot yet". OTOH, he "doesn't deserve a title shot yet" less than everyone else in the division.

it's not only about how one is doing, but how one is doing relative the the rest of the division.

I would agree with this if DC didn't just defend his title. Any time a champ takes a small break fighters start screaming for an interim fight. Dudes need to chill.

Gus just needs to fight. Will secure his position as number 1 contender if he fights in the meantime.

Beside cormier i dont see any body comming close to beating him right now in LHW

Again, like someone else said, I used to like Gus, but as it's been said, his best performance was a loss to JBJ and sometimes it seems like he feels he deserves so much because of it

Fuck it. Give it to Latifi. New matchups are always more welcome.
sure :)

whatever they do, this is the cost of fucking up the divisions. obviously UFC decided that DC moving up to fight Stipe is worth this cost. because this ask by Gust had to be seen a mile away.

Bring Rumble back an have a rematch

Gus' reaction if this happened;

anigif_enhanced-buzz-21451-1403285426-8.gif

I like Gus but he's in no position to be saying he's owed anything right now. DC has an opportunity and he took it, and now you should focus on getting another big win at 205, because you might be next in line when he comes back down to 205.

it's not only about how one is doing, but how one is doing relative the the rest of the division.

He is champion material in a weakened division. When all the monsters were around, he could have beaten them and earned his title. He fought for the title twice.

This is why title defences is the best gauge of who is the best fighter. Any UFC fighter can be champion on any given night. Only a few can defend multiple times against whoever is the number 1 contender.

Back