With JDS and Cain out of the picture, whoelse is out there to stop Miocic?

Kung Fu bb

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
Is it really DC? I´m rooting for him, but I´m not optimistic about it. And aside from this moment against Reem, we haven´t seen Stipe having a lot of problems in his fights.
knockdown-vs-overeem.gif

Cain's injuries destroyed his career.

Some thought JDS was that man, since he had the right game (at least on paper): good enough tdd and slightly superior boxing. He´s out of the picture now too (Cain + USADA).

Whoelse is out there? Volkov? Lewis? Ngannou rematch???

Volkov would be taken down all night long, that's what we learned in the Werdum fight.
So would Lewis if he gets a TS.
Ngannou rematch too, if it happens any time soon.
None of them has good enough tdd.

It seems like Stipe has some favourable match ups for him in the near future.

Thoughts?

Is it really DC? I´m rooting for him, but I´m not optimistic about it. And aside from this moment against Reem, we haven´t seen Stipe having a lot of problems in his fights.
knockdown-vs-overeem.gif

Cain's injuries destroyed his career.

Some thought JDS was that man, since he had the right game (at least on paper): good enough tdd and slightly superior boxing. He´s out of the picture now too (Cain + USADA).

Whoelse is out there? Volkov? Lewis? Ngannou rematch???

Volkov would be taken down all night long, that's what we learned in the Werdum fight.
So would Lewis if he gets a TS.
Ngannou rematch too, if it happens any time soon.
None of them has good enough tdd.

It seems like Stipe has some favourable match ups for him in the near future.

Thoughts?

I have Stipe for a little while but Volkov Truthers will use this opportunity to say how he's improved so much and will improve more and Stipe magically won't be able to take him down.

If DC fails, then Volkov only.

He has good guard and long limbs.

Plus he can damage Stipe and wear him out to TKO ( like Struve did).

Volkov is now basically a better version of Struve, that Stipe had trouble with.

If werdum takes it seriously I think he can get it done. His fight against volkov was weird it's almost like he wasn't trying or something or maybe didn't train as hard. I mean this guy just went 5 rounds with tybura in what was the busiest fight in hw history and then looked gassed by round three. Idk it seemed weird.

Besides him, if Cain ever gets healthy he is Taylor made to beat stipe, he's got more power standing, will nullify stiles wrestling and has great cardio. It's alarming how quickly stipe gassed against ngannou

If DC fails, then Volkov only.

He has good guard and long limbs.

Plus he can damage Stipe and wear him out to TKO ( like Struve did).

Volkov is now basically a better version of Struve, that Stipe had trouble with.
I see what you´re saying, he could hurt Stipe on the feet, definitely, but Struve had a very dangerous submission game, so it wasn´t a good idea to use to take him down. With Volkov it´s different, Stipe won´t fear his ground game, so that´s the safest way to go. Take him down and gnp. Even if Volkov can defend himself well there, I still see Stipe landing harder gnp than Werdum did.

He’s proven to be the man at HW. But anything can happen in a fight. Any of the top 5 guys could catch stipe. Although he seems to be the most talented.

I see what you´re saying, he could hurt Stipe on the feet, definitely, but Struve had a very dangerous submission game, so it wasn´t a good idea taking him down. With Volkov it´s different, Stipe won´t fear his ground game, so that´s the safest way to go. Take him down and gnp. Even if Volkov can defend himself well there, I still see Stipe landing harder gnp than Werdum did.

Volkov moves better than Struve, will be harder to close distance.
While Volkov was not good enough to threaten Werdum with subs, he can to Stipe.

Hurt on the feet - active guard - stand up - hurt on the feet - repeat.

I see the one with better conditioning wins.

Anyway, Volkov still has a lot to improve, especialy TDD.

I think if Travis Browne packed up his shit and trained at Blackzillians or AKA he could beat Stipe 1/2 of the time on average.

I really don't see anyone getting past Stipe, with that being said, it's the HW division, one solid shot can change the direction of a fight. On paper, I think the one with the best skill set to do it is probably Curtis Blaydes, but I wouldn't bet on him that's for sure. I think Volkov gets mauled. Tai Tuivasa is still green, much more to prove. Derrick Lewis has no ground game, I see Stipe taking him down easily and getting the job done.

If werdum takes it seriously I think he can get it done. His fight against volkov was weird it's almost like he wasn't trying or something or maybe didn't train as hard. I mean this guy just went 5 rounds with tybura in what was the busiest fight in hw history and then looked gassed by round three. Idk it seemed weird.

Besides him, if Cain ever gets healthy he is Taylor made to beat stipe, he's got more power standing, will nullify stiles wrestling and has great cardio. It's alarming how quickly stipe gassed against ngannou
Cain has not more power than Stipe on the feet, he has the superior Wrestling and is a completer fighter but no way he has more power, Cain is a volume puncher and wears his Opponents out, Stipe has legit power and has kod people besides Nganou who is 20 pounds heavier than him.

Back