Dream team: Joe Rogan, Jimmy Smith, Jon Anik get commentary lineup debut at UFC 223

TheHNICuLuv2Hate

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Joe Rogan is partly responsible for Jimmy Smith’s addition to the UFC broadcast team, and now the friends will have an opportunity to work together for the first time.

Next month’s UFC 223 event will feature the commentary debut of a three-man booth featuring longtime UFC broadcaster Rogan, recent signee Smith and play-by-play staple Jon Anik.

The new trio also will continue Anik’s revolving door of partners in the booth. Since joining the company in October 2011, Anik has worked with 14 different commentary teams. UFC 223 will mark his 15th grouping.

UFC 223 takes place April 7 at Barclays Center in Brooklyn, N.Y. The main card airs on pay-per-view following prelims on FS1 and UFC Fight Pass.

What do you think about this commentary setup for this epic event?

http://mmajunkie.com/2018/03/joe-rogan-jimmy-smith-jon-anik-debut-commentary-ufc-223

no dom is a good move was getting sick of that lil shit

good thing jimmy smith has a goatee or we wouldn't know who the fuck was doing the post fight interviews lol

This thread is 34 min too late from the other.

mistake not to have DC call the rose-joanna rematch

I've never liked the three man booth. rogan and jimmy smith both like to talk alot so it might not work out so well

My commenting dream team has to include Bas Rutten. Sadly, I don't think the UFC will ever hire him.

Joe, Goldie, Quadros and Jimmy is my dream commentary team, not Anik.

good thing jimmy smith has a goatee or we wouldn't know who the fuck was doing the post fight interviews lol

Dom and his underhooks are only tolerable for a few minutes.

Dom is super annoying but the only one to put bisping and rogan in their places

mistake not to have DC call the rose-joanna rematch

I've never liked the three man booth. rogan and jimmy smith both like to talk alot so it might not work out so well
Why? So he could go "thug rose thug rose thug rose" like a retard again? :D I feel he's a bit overrated as a commentator, and more often than not sounds punchy. Dom & Felder are much better for fighter commentators imo.

I do agree that the three man booth is really stupid. It just makes it so that everyone is competing with each other to get a word in. I feel Anik has no place commentating. Rogan, or rather Jimmy Smith, fills his place better and then add a fighter commentator who can go into detail.

Back