Korean Zombie vs Dustin Poirier: Truly amazing fight

FireKidWS

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Just watched this fight, and was blown away.

>great heart by both fighters
>great reversals and submission attempts
>solid striking
>solid pace during whole fight

Easily top 25 UFC fight

I have always heard nothing but good things spoken of this fight by people. I thought it was pretty beloved.

Who you been talkin' to?

anytime there's a new "post your favorite fight" thread on sherdog, it's typically listed on page 1.

but yeah- it's a personal favorite of mine.

I have always heard nothing but good things spoken of this fight by people. I thought it was pretty beloved.

Who you been talkin' to?

Never heard it talked about much on here.

Then again, 90% of posts are on McGregor or what the latest loudmouth fighter just tweeted.

anytime there's a new "post your favorite fight" thread on sherdog, it's typically listed on page 1.

but yeah- it's a personal favorite of mine.

I haven't seen it posted about much. But yes, incredible fight.

bruh, it won FOTY on nearly everyones end of year lists. Maybe if you were around before 2018 you wouldve known that.

Never heard it talked about much on here.

Then again, 90% of posts are on McGregor or what the latest loudmouth fighter just tweeted.
Don't worry bud. The next time you are in between jobs/get divorced you will spend a shit ton of time on here and really get to know the forum.

Great fight , it was awhile ago which is why ppl don't talk about it, there s mma every week now so it's hard to remember stuff

Great fight but it's nowhere near as competitive as it's made out to be, Poirier got dominated.

A typical "I'm posting a false narrative with the sole purpose of making a point already unanimously agreed upon" thread.

Great fight but it's nowhere near as competitive as it's made out to be, Poirier got dominated.

Poiriers heart and resolve made it seem closer.

He never gave up and who knows maybe in another fight he would have caught KZ.

A typical "I'm posting a false narrative with the sole purpose of making a point already unanimously agreed upon" thread.

Didn't realize it was unanimously ageeed on.

Honestly I just get tired of the UFC being mostly talk and all about money now,and wanted to have a thread talking about an amazing fight.

Lol at calling this under rated. People in here have been talking about that fight for a while now

The fight was raved about when it happened and for a while after. Tons of fights (both amazing and otherwise) have happened since so it shouldn't be that surprising that people aren't still talking about it regularly. Not what I'd call an underrated fight by any means; of course it isn't still brought up often, but everyone remembers it very fondly when it is.

Never seen or heard of this fight. Didn't even know they fought. Thanks for the heads up. Will watch.

Lol at calling this under rated. People in here have been talking about that fight for a while now

The fight was raved about when it happened and for a while after. Tons of fights (both amazing and otherwise) have happened since so it shouldn't be that surprising that people aren't still talking about it regularly. Not what I'd call an underrated fight by any means; of course it isn't still brought up often, but everyone remembers it very fondly when it is.

Alright I'll concede the point. Changed thread title.

I'm pretty sure anyone who's seen that fight would put it in their top 5 fights ever.

That's why I'm a fan of both those guy's, true fighters in every sense of the word.

Back