Is Georges St-Pierre the greatest of all time?

sgtpepper

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
In the context of the UFC; I've always wanted to believe it was Anderson Silva, in his prime he was amazing. I then admitted, maybe it's Jon Jones, and then, okay I have to agree that Jones is the GOAT... but then Jones tests positive again for steroids...

Georges St-Pierre comes back after four years, moves up a weight division and then beats the champion (who was a former light heavyweight) in his first fight... never tested positive for steroids and fought and beat bigger guys unlike Jon Jones.

Why do so many discount GSP in the discussion or rarely mention him?

I mean Joe Rogan may every now and then mention him but tends to focus on Silva and Jon 'Roids' Bones.

No.

Fedor.

GSP moved up and beat bisping? Looked like shit doing it.

No. Jon jones is the GOAT for the simple reason of having zero legitimate losses.

USADA is just a minor hiccup, he’ll be back more dominant than ever.

Nope. It's mighty mouse . P4p of all time. Even Dana and Rogan have stated it...

3232.jpg

It’s subjective.
Fedor was fucking amazing.
DC has only lost to a juiced up crackhead.

Mouse has been the most well rounded fighter I have ever watched, but gets hate for being a “Manlet”.

I have Fedor and GSP at the top.

Nope, Fedor hands fucking down.
Fedor didn't retire twice with a belt. No offense to him but GSP cemented himself as the GOAT when he came out of retirement and won his second title.

In the context of the UFC; I've always wanted to believe it was Anderson Silva, in his prime he was amazing. I then admitted, maybe it's Jon Jones, and then, okay I have to agree that Jones is the GOAT... but then Jones tests positive again for steroids...

Georges St-Pierre comes back after four years, moves up a weight division and then beats the champion (who was a former light heavyweight) in his first fight... never tested positive for steroids and fought and beat bigger guys unlike Jon Jones.

Why do so many discount GSP in the discussion or rarely mention him?

I mean Joe Rogan may every now and then mention him but tends to focus on Silva and Jon 'Roids' Bones.
GSP generally didn't finish a lot of guys. But really in terms of UFC it's the ability to win regardless. I feel like GSP is one of the smartest fighters and dominated his opponents. He always seemed to be in control and always had a better game plan. I really hate that he took 4 years off. Especially because he was in his prime when he left. We don't know how much else he could have accomplished.

I think a true mma fan who knows a little about the sport would always admire gsp and his abilities. Those that want to hate on the man...I guess they think they could do better or that gsp was boring. But again they probably have no appreciation for the skills he has bc they don't know jack

Back