Does Floyd have a better chance at beating Conor in MMA than Conor had at beating Floyd in boxing?

Andersons Foot

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I was discussing this with the MMA kid from Barstool Sports. I think Floyd has a better chance in MMA than Conor had in boxing, he said Conor had a "muuuuuuch" better shot in boxing. IMO, Conor had a 0% chance of out-boxing Floyd, so he had to rely on his power while using bigger gloves, and fighting the best defensive boxer of all time. So I gave him no shot whatsoever at being successful with that. He did land quite a bit, but didn't land anything that was even close to putting Floyd in trouble.

Floyd's boxing will actually be a useful tool in MMA. He will get eaten alive by kicks, knees, and elbows, but with 4 oz gloves, if he catches Conor then that's almost guaranteed trouble. We know Conor will probably be way too brash not to exchange with Floyd if they fight in the octagon.

Thoughts?

lN44Z.gif

Yes!

Floyd can land a shot and knock Conor out early

Conor had no chance against floyd

Floyd will be the most accurate puncher McG will have faced in MMA, if he touches him on the jaw he will go down.

Floyd will be the most accurate puncher McG will have faced in MMA, if he touches him on the jaw he will go down.

Yeah that's how I see it. Especially with 4 oz gloves. Floyd at least presents a tiny amount of danger in MMA.

If Floyd works extensively on his TDD, then MAYBE he has a puncher's chance.

You mean the Conor that got out-boxed by Nate Diaz? That one?

No doubt, but that chance is very minimal at best I'd say a 1-2% chance. Would be insane if Mayweather Aldo'd Conor tho <45>

PS: Really hope this fight doesn't happen, Mayweather is 40 years old and Conor needs to fight and defend the belt.

Yeah.

MMA is competely unpredictable. There's so many different aspects that pretty much everyone has a chance.

Boxing is generally very predictable, 99% of the time the person that is expected to win, wins.

Conor could beat Floyd under certain circumstances in boxing, like a six round match. Floyd tho, he could never last a round with Conor in MMA.

Yeah.

MMA is competely unpredictable. There's so many different aspects that pretty much everyone has a chance.

Boxing is generally very predictable, 99% of the time the person that is expected to win, wins.

Agreed. That's why it was odd to me that the kid designated to cover MMA at a sports website would believe the opposite.

Back