Overeem vs Blaydes thoughts

ZekaPeka

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
I personally see Reem dominating the fight. Blaydes is not big of a threat on feet. Despite horrible performance against Ngannou, I really think reem can get back on track.

the thing is ... reem can win against almost anyone, but can also lose against anyone.

Reem wins. Then loses against better opposition.

Same cycle over and over again.

the thing is ... reem can win against almost anyone, but can also lose against anyone.

That can be said for pretty much the whole top ten in the UFC. That’s why it took this long for someone to finally get that 3rd consecutive successful defence of the title.

True. Pretty much like Werdum. I feel like that next both Reems and Werdums fight will tell us if they should retire.

just like werdum it matters whether reem decides to use his brain when he fights or not. I don't think blaydes can take advantage of reem's weak chin though. reem just has to keep it standing which is no easy task versus blaydes

just like werdum it matters whether reem decides to use his brain when he fights or not. I don't think blaydes can take advantage of reem's weak chin though. reem just has to keep it standing which is no easy task versus blaydes

Yeah, this is no longer UberPEDeem who cut from 280 and was built like a super hero. I'm not as convinced as some others that the older, smaller version of Overeem still has elite TDD. We'll soon find out.

Reem has to be the most inconsistent heavyweight in history , when he's on the guy is almost unbeatable with the best stand up in heavyweight history with very underrated grappling to back , .... but than he loses and his chin lets him down something awful .....

My prediction for the fight , Overeem by tko 3rd round , Blaydes is a decent prospect , but i think he isn't ready for the top 5 just yet.

With the heavyweight division the way it is and still no Cain Velasquez - you can get a couple or 3 solid victories and be right back into title contention. This is a good comeback fight for Overeem and look at Arlovski hes now won two in a row.

Blaydes wont take him down, will be forced to stand and Overeem will win by TKO or a decision depending on how aggressive he is. Of course this is HW so wont be surprised if Blaydes lands a big punch and floors reem

Blaydes striking is not that bad. He has a good reach and is one of the 5% of HWs that actually throw straight punches. I see him punching Reem with a pillow punch and knocking him out.

Good test for Blaydes. I would pick him against most HWs in the roster, included Ngannou in a rematch.

Overdose still has a great deal of power from his past doping so he always has a puncher's chance.

I'll take Blaydes by UD or late TKO. The takedown is coming

Reem is his own worst enemy, gotta feel for the guy. He will be dominating fights then the opponent throws one strike and he then gets sent to sleep:
giphy.gif

Back