Volkov vs. Cain

Private Whatley

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Boom, there’s your new fight night main event or PPV co main! Everyone’s clamoring about Cain reclaiming greatness while acknowledging that he can’t simply walk right into a title shot. Volkov justifiably wants a big fight after Saturday but Stipe and DC are scheduled to dance in June. The winner gets the next crack at the title. Cain gets fast tracked with a top contender matchup and Volkov gets a money fight. Easy, peezy,
lemon squeezey. Watch your back, Sean Shelby!

Most likely not. Cain wanted to fight on the same card as DC at UFC 226 in July. But recently he removed himself from the card and got removed from the rankings.
Then why does sherdog talk about him so much. It's stupid. Cain is a whole load of unfullfilled potnetial.

Why not?
Wonder if Cain is in good shape and healthy tho. Volkov may not be the most skilled athlete but he's got that chin and grit that makes him outlast his opponents. Keeps moving forward like Rocky, even tho his nickname is Drago.

I'm done with Cain. Enough is enough. I'll not expect him to fight anymore.

Post Jeff Cain is disappointing to say the least.

Maybe that way Cain will get his second win in five years.

Current cain I dont know.. but if cain take volkov to the ground which is pretty possible I think he can finish the fight via gnp.. If volkov doesnt go to the ground he can finish cain, he has somer power and good hands, he need to use more his knees, this guy has all the advantages and tools to win that fight

Fuck, that's intriguing. I can see Cain being more effective than werdum from top and his cardio could potentially last longer than Volkov's, but Volkov can use a striking strategy the same way Werdum did.... Volkov's uppercuts, knees and clinch are all super solid and those gave Cain hell against Fabricio.

Would be an awesome fight imo

Cain fighting is damn near like the Olympics.... Such an occasion only occurs once every 4 years.

He is 1-1 since late 2013......

Cain's days are over. He was active 5, 6 or 7 YEARS ago. But, he was out for 2014, lost to Werdum in 2015 and beat Browne in 2016. Nothing since. I suspect his body is beat and damaged too much and his lust for the fight has waned considerably. He was a real fighting champion but his time has long passed by.

Cain can't even make it to the octagon right now. I'm done checking for him.

Cain should fight Big Countery on some fight night to regain credibility.

I am tired of hearing his health issues.

If he would fight, i'd favour Volkov, because of reach, timing, great guard.

Cain is no longer machine he used to be after USADA.

Let him have a last fight and ride into sunset.

I'd rather this fight be booked than volkov versus the winner of reem/blaydes as many have suggested. I just feel like with the lack of depth in the division both volkov and blaydes should be preserved as contenders and not booked against one another. or give volkov the title shot and give cain the winner of reem/blaydes. I just don't wanna see reem beat blaydes and then be booked against volkov, possibly getting close to a title shot again after how brutally he was KO'd by francis. just hard to trust booking cain against anyone

Healthy/prime Cain would be a nightmare for Volkov. But at this point, who knows when or if Cain will fight again.

Back