Joe Lauzon hall of fame material

Listentome

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
Joe Lauzon is fighting at UFC 223. He is one of my favorite fighters. With all of his wars, he should def be considered a Hall of Famer. JBGs agree

Well, as much as I really like him... on the one side, he doesn't deserve to be in a hall of fame. On the other, though, the UFC Hall of Fame doesn't really mean much.

Joe is tied for 1st Place for number of Performance Bonuses, with 15.

Joe is for sure Hall of Fame material. More bonuses than Anderson Silva, Conor McGregor, GSP, Shogun, Wand, Jon Jones, and well everyone.

UFC-155-Joe-Lauzon-sangra-abundantemente-durante-luta-com-Jim-Miller-Foto-Esther-LinMMA-Fighting1.jpg

He's obviously going to be popular on here but casuals have no clue who he is. The HOF should be reserved for actual fame otherwise it really lowers the bar.

Joe Lauzon is cool in that he has been fighting in the UFC since before I started watching in 2008 or so. The guy has been through it all and is definitely a legend in the vintage sense

but in terms of HOF.... do you really want to sit through a Joe Lauzon HOF speech if you were in attendance?

is he calling it quits yet? When Clay Guida is TKO'ing you in 2017...

Guy is an absolute warrior one of my favorite fighters of all time , but it's the hall of fame , if it were the hall of badass , or the hall of exciting then he's sure fire , I just don't see it without him holding a title ,even interim , I know the UFC hall of fame has been kind of a joke at certain points but where does the threshold lie as to what qualifies a hall of famer?

I'm a huge fan of Lauzon, but his Hall of Fame candidacy would depend heavily on your criteria. In terms of overall ability, quality of wins, etc, I don't think he makes it. If you bring in the entertainment aspect (bonuses), then I think he has a case. I just think it's hard to put someone in the Hall of Fame who never fought for a title, much less won one.

yeah, what makes Joe Lauzon a hall of fame candidate anymore than Melvin Guillard?

HOF should be for pioneers, record setters, title holders, hands down legends, etc

not guys who have found a way to stick around forever without getting cut

HOF gatekeeper and HOF exciting non title fight fighter, sure, but not really HOF as in one of the best ever.

Agree. Dude put on so many memorable fights, win or lose he always came to fight. Definitely Hall of fame material!

No, and no... He put on good show's but was never even close to being top tier. The Hall of Fame should only be made readily available for the very best and/or Icon's of the sport, which Joe Is neither.

He's obviously going to be popular on here but casuals have no clue who he is. The HOF should be reserved for actual fame otherwise it really lowers the bar.
Which sucks that casuals don't know who the most exciting fighters are. They know who the loudest, chest thumping fighters are. Disgraceful imo

Is Bonnar still in there?

If so, that should also qualify about 75% of the remaining active roster as eligible.

He was never going to be a champion but to deny his skill is crazy. He was a gritty fighter that put on exciting fights. 15 bonuses is hell of a thing to do. The HOF is a bit of a joke anyway I mean if they have Charles Mask Lewis in it they can have Joe Lauzon in it.

Joe Lauzon is fighting at UFC 223. He is one of my favorite fighters. With all of his wars, he should def be considered a Hall of Famer. JBGs agree
Answer, No. No more average Joe's in the HOF. They already have Bonnar and Griffin.

I do not view Joe as a Hall of Famer.

Longevity is impressive but does not make someone a Hall of Famer.

I can see him getting in for being buddies with Dana alone though.

Back