Heavyweight is worse than flyweight, this past weekend only further cements this fact.

D 1 Wrestler

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
Aside from the top 5-10 still having mostly same names as it did when Brock was fighting 8+ years ago, (oh and 40 year old Brock with no PEDs would still be top 5-7) the new blood coming in is just awful. Ngannou who has no ground game to speak of, Volkov... yea. Black Beast? Basically a black version of Tank Abbott with a slightly smaller gut.

I mean we have always known that this division is bad because most elite athletes of size are playing other sports, but I get a bit tired of people knocking on MM and flyweight for being the worst/weakest division when that title CLEARLY goes to heavyweight.

Nah, Flyweight is the only division that has only one fighter worth watching. HW’s are always something to look forward to.

I’ll take a sloppy KO from a HW over two manlets anyday

Agree that it's bad but flyweight?

That's a bit much.

I'd rather watch 2 guys go 100% every single round than 2 guys that will gas after the first if there isn't a knockout by then.

Definitely.

It’s full of old fighters who have have clearly had more fights than their bodies can handle. There are only like 4 guys in the HW division who are really in their athletic prime.

This has been obvious for a long time, in my opinion.

MM has never faced someone as good as Werdum. Cejudo, his best win, is on the level of someone like Ben Rothwell as of now. Two facts

Aside from the top 5-10 still having mostly same names as it did when Brock was fighting 8+ years ago, (oh and 40 year old Brock with no PEDs would still be top 5-7) the new blood coming in is just awful. Ngannou who has no ground game to speak of, Volkov... yea. Black Beast? Basically a black version of Tank Abbott with a slightly smaller gut.

I mean we have always known that this division is bad because most elite athletes of size are playing other sports, but I get a bit tired of people knocking on MM and flyweight for being the worst/weakest division when that title CLEARLY goes to heavyweight.

Borck will be back in no time.

Let's put them all in the same division to see who's really worse.

HW is best because it shows who the baddest men on the planet are. Everyone else are just skinny dudes or manlets.

I don't care who the 170 pound "champ" is when the worst heavyweights can easily kick his ass

back in the day in boxing weight was not as much of an issue. Joe Louis was 196 when he KO 260 pound Primo Carnera

Nah, Flyweight is the only division that has only one fighter worth watching. HW’s are always something to look forward to.

I’ll take a sloppy KO from a HW over two manlets anyday

you are arguing that you would rather watch nonathletic fat guys KO each other, which is fine, but it's still the worst division skill and talent wise.

I just rewatched borg vs MM last night and I think it shows how shitty FLW is.

By round 2, DJ had outlanded Borg in SIG strikes like 100 to 1.... Fucking 1!

Regardless of how good MM is, it shows how bad FLW is.

Few have any one great skill to finish fights, just like WMMA fighters. It is why MM can basically do whatever he wants when he fights the non Joe Bs of the division.

HW is best because it shows who the baddest men on the planet are. Everyone else are just skinny dudes or manlets.

I don't care who the 170 pound "champ" is when the worst heavyweights can easily kick his ass

back in the day in boxing weight was not as much of an issue. Joe Louis was 196 when he KO 260 pound Primo Carnera

jon jones and cormier would beat 99% of the heavyweight roster. Woodley would probably beat some guys too. If he stopped following a proper diet and exercising he would look about the same as Black Beast

I disagree, Lewis has a bigger gut than Tank.

Last edited:
It was a great fight.

You further cemented your legacy as a knucklehead with this thread. IMO

I just rewatched borg vs MM last night and I think it shows how shitty FLW is.

By round 2, DJ had outlanded Borg in SIG strikes like 100 to 1.... Fucking 1!

Regardless of how good MM is, it shows how bad FLW is.

Few have any one great skill to finish fights, just like WMMA fighters. It is why MM can basically do whatever he wants when he fights the non Joe Bs of the division.

Brock Lesnar beat Mark Hunt without taking more than a couple strikes, Mark Hunt is been doing MMA for how many years and still can't bother to try to defend a takedown, which is worse? a 24 year old who has been doing MMA for 5 years got outstruck by the GOAT or Mark Hunt with 14 years experience still having amateur level wrestling?

LHW/HW are my favorites although I enjoy most scraps. I will say that however, a few fighters aside I have no idea of who some of the smaller guys are anymore.

Brock Lesnar beat Mark Hunt without taking more than a couple strikes, Mark Hunt is been doing MMA for how many years and still can't bother to try to defend a takedown, which is worse?
Borg's performance was worse

Remove USADA and this thread is moot

<{JustBleed}>

<{silvanormal}>

Except that the top LHWs have been on par with the top HWs for a while now.

Rumble, Jones, Cormier, and Gus could hang with or beat most of the HW division.

Outside of Stipe and Ngannou, I’d say that those four would go almost undefeated in the HW division.

Of course Rumble would get choked, but still.

Basically a black version of Tank Abbott with a slightly smaller gut.

Actually 1996 Tank was more solid and definitely stronger than Lewis. It's just that everyone remember the Tank from 10-15 years later.

Last edited:
Back