About Khabib saying he will make Conor get in line

Calipwnia

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
I actually believe him when he says that. From what I hear, Khabib has support from some very rich and powerful Russians/Degestani.

If Khabib beats Tony, I think Khabib will get “fuck you” money and won’t give Conor the first defending fight. Most fighters are clamoring to fight McGregor for the $. Conor has used this to sit out while holding a belt for over a year. Awesome move by Khabib in my opinion. Don’t let fighters cherry pick fights! They need to fight often to remain at the top of the heap.

It's not Khabib's call, it's the UFC's.

Khabib kept saying he doesn't care about money and doesn't care about fighting Conor. He just wants the belt.

Yet after his fight at UFC 205 he immediately calls out only Conor BEFORE the result of Conor vs Eddie that same night. lol

Then says he doesn't care to fight in Russia until they have PPV.

Does that sound like a guy who doesn't care about money?

This is #1 bullshit.

If he wins vs Tony he will call out Conor right away you can bet your sweet ass on that one.

are you saying Conor is cherry picking Khabib?

Conor can get a million PPV buys fighting you. He doesn't need Khabib

are you saying Conor is cherry picking Khabib?

Conor can get a million PPV buys fighting you. He doesn't need Khabib
It wouldn’t be as bad of a cherry pick that GSP did to Bisping but still coming back to fight once in 2 years when avoiding other contenders is cherry picking

Not really. Can’t make a fighter fight. Even if it is your contract, look at what GSP did to MW
Yes, and GSP lost the title in doing so. You can't make a fighter fight, but you can make a title conditional on a fighter fighting.

He faces Conor or gets stripped. Khapullout has zero leverage. Nobody gives a shit.

Not really. Can’t make a fighter fight. Even if it is your contract, look at what GSP did to MW
UFC strips Khabib for not wanting to fight the number one contender in conor. Legit LOL

I believe him when he says he doesnt care to fight him, he doesnt see him as the champion but as the guy who is at because of his popularity its not fully true as you have to win your fights but he isnt totally wrong, but its not really up to him if UFC wants to make that fight which they will he will have to oblige.

Do you think conor cares if khabib doesn’t want to fight him? Hell just take a fight against max and take that belt back.

Yes, and GSP lost the title in doing so. You can't make a fighter fight, but you can make a title conditional on a fighter fighting.
That’s what I thought but Conor is still the champion according to UFC.

That’s what I thought but Conor is still the champion according to UFC.
That's because the UFC has allowed Conor a massive amount of leeway. Exactly my point. It's all at the UFC's discretion.

Khabib will not have that power
UFC will make Conor skip the line as UFC is a farce

No way they do Conor-Tony to see who can get a shot (even if will be fair), they will make Tony go back in line and hype Khabib-Conor as the real "unification" fight

Lol at anone here who thinks Khabib having the belt means he would have power.

He would 100% fight Conor if he won the belt, he'd be pressured and I would think many fans would consider him to be ducking Conor. If Conor is so easy, why not take the fight?

I actually believe him when he says that. From what I hear, Khabib has support from some very rich and powerful Russians/Degestani.

If Khabib beats Tony, I think Khabib will get “fuck you” money and won’t give Conor the first defending fight. Most fighters are clamoring to fight McGregor for the $. Conor has used this to sit out while holding a belt for over a year. Awesome move by Khabib in my opinion. Don’t let fighters cherry pick fights! They need to fight often to remain at the top of the heap.
Khabib just trying to play it cool. It’s McGregor that has the wealth behind him and will pick and choose his fights. I hope they fight in Russia.

Back