Where does Wanderlei rank at 205?

march1

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
Where do you rank Wanderlei Silva at 205 all time? Who was better at their prime?

Behind JBJ, DC, Chuck, Hendo, and Shogun.

it is so hard to say because based on style wanderlei should be above Hendo and they both got owned by Vitor. so weird

prime Vitor is above hendo and shogun but manage to have that 1 decision loss at a shit point his career to chuck. chuck beat wanderlei when both out of prime. Rampage whooped hendo though

I rank wanderlei below rampage.

rampage was detroyed 2x by wanderlei but rampage peak of career had better win over other fighters. he beat chuck 2x and chuck beat wanderlei with some ease. Rampage also beat up hendo, rampage also would of had a good chance against Vitor if only for his size and strength. The same Vitor who is better striker than hendo and KO him 2x.

On drugs, Wand might be the greatest 205er

One of the best at the time... Just watch some Old Pride DVD. Plus Rampage II is just awesome.

On drugs, Wand might be the greatest 205er

no way. even back then he always struggled with people who could take him down. The rules and style of Pride really beneifted him having to force rampage to stand up and stuff like that. I think at that time eventually wanderlei would of worn rampage down but we saw what Arona did to Wanderlei.

All time?

Top 5

Jones, Shogun, Wand, Rampage, Chuck

HM to DC. I just don't think his LHW resume is long enough.

Either #1 or 2# but top 3 easily

DC still doesn't have 10 fights at LHW and shouldn't be on anyones list

He might be one of the best to ever compete in the division but he's had a short career there

Similar to Couture except with more success

1. Jones
2. Chuck
3. Rampage
4. Wand
5. Shogun

DC's in there too somewhere but I'm not sure where yet

1.Jon Jones
2.Frank Shamrock
3.Tito Ortiz
4.Chuck Liddell
5.Daniel Cormier
6.Wanderlei Silva

He had a great career and is one of my favorites to watch but never had a great UFC career. I mostly go by defenses and who beat who but its a math equation i never quiet can totally figure out.

Back