Please remind me which fighter at 155 was about to receive a title shot but got concussion?

galleryy

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
And we have yet to see him fight again.....

Thanks ahead.

for those of you still interested

solved

tj grant

Yeah of course, damn, I wonder whatever happened to Grant? Did he retire or is he still looking to make a comeback?

Edit: he retired and now works in a mine apparently. That’s rough.

Raging Al got a commission on his real estate sales while he bargained for fair pay at the UFC.

The fight game isn’t kind. He could’ve won the belt and his life would be completely different. Now he’s stuck working in a mine.

Doesn't every MMA fighter get a concussion?

now he is mining.. how is that not worse on the body

Damn, TS. Just hearing the name T.J Grant makes me feel bad for the guy; got concussed by doing bjj, got cut from the UFC and now he works on a mine... talking about bad luck.

Wiki says he’s completely healed and went back to training but that was 2015. Wonder if it’s true and being a miner just pays better

Concussions are scary

Many a fighter has called it quits after dealing with (although they hide the real reason)

Doesn't every MMA fighter get a concussion?

There are different degrees of concussion.

Some you get over in a few days,some that fuck you up for life.

At the end of the day its brain trauma.

Wiki says he’s completely healed and went back to training but that was 2015. Wonder if it’s true and being a miner just pays better

It may not pay better depending on how successful you are in the fight game but it's certainly more reliable work, don't have to worry about brain damage as much in that industry and it's not an issue maintaining steady employment. I've heard through other guys in the province that he's in a Potash mine in Saskatchewan.

I heard him interviewed on the radio one day and explained that he was dealing with plenty of issues from the concussion.

Grant made a wise decision imo. Concussions are nothing to fuck around with. They can ruin your life and mental health. Even at the championship level, it’s not as if the UFC is paying these guys monumental fortunes that can support a family after their career is over. I know a lot of people that work in the mines. They’re not as bad as they used to be. Pretty decent pay with Bennys. Hope he’s doing well and not suffering from lingering effects.

I heard him interviewed on the radio one day and explained that he was dealing with plenty of issues from the concussion.

That’s sad. Very unforgiving sport to participate in.

Back