Alexander Volkov appreciation thread

MMA MASTER

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
The guys just beat the number 3 guy in the world and one of the greatest heavyweights of all time and has a 6 fight win streak... which is rare right now. IMO there is no one in head of him for a title shot.

Volkov is the clear number 1 contender for the next shot..... I don’t know why people aren’t talking about his impressive performance from last night but they aren’t. Beating Werdum is a big win, and let alone finishing him is.

WAR VOLKOV! He made me a fan from last night!

Volkov looked okay, but Werdum’s striking was atrocious has he been training with Edmond or something because he looked like Ronda on the feet-

Did u see how fat werdum looked? His a goner safe to say. Volkov needs to fight ngannou or obereem or whoever looks in shape lol

Werdum did look a little slow and sloppy, but I think those first few shots and that uppercut rocked him right away in the 1st. Good win for Volkov.

Edit: lol Werdum

Last edited:
Volkov seems like a decent and down to earth guy.
But almost impossible that he can get the belt while Stipe is the champion.

Overeem did look a little slow and sloppy, but I think those first few shots and that uppercut rocked him right away in the 1st. Good win for Volkov.
Did you dream ‘Reem vs Volkov?

Overeem did look a little slow and sloppy,
giphy.gif

Volkov won because Werdum gassed , Werdum looked absolutely terrible in that fight , he looked slow , predictable.

Werdum was controlling the fight until he gassed around the 3rd round and decided it was better to stand and strike with someone with a 4 inch reach advantage because he knew the fight could of been stopped due to his eye being swelled shut , a tired Werdum gambled and lost badly.

However regardless a win over a all time great like Werdum is still an achievement , so kudos to Volkov , he's still young and has many years ahead of him.

Last edited:
Volkov is a Bellator washout. Good for him doing well in UFC

You still got Blaydes vs Reem and most likely B.B. vs Ngannou, so although I do like him (no homo) and agree he is fighting at a very high level right now; I disagree about the TS. I think he is another fight away.

Volkov looked okay, but Werdum’s striking was atrocious has he been training with Edmond or something because he looked like Ronda on the feet-

That's just Werdum all the time.

PaltryAptBuck.gif

f22NWm5.gif

Fabricio+Werdum+Mocks+and+Attacks+Travis+Browne+-+UFC+on+Fox+11.gif

Fabricio+Werdum+Distracts+and+Attacks+Travis+Browne+-+UFC+on+Fox+11.gif

Always attacks unguarded face first.

giphy.gif

When he got KO'd by Stipe, some of his bigger defenders were saying it was just a drop in fight IQ, but it wasn't a drop, he's never had particularly great fight IQ as far as striking is concerned, he just realised he could body kick without ever having to fear the takedown - but forgot that the more aggressively you strike, the more active a defence you have to have.

has a 6 fight win streak... which is rare right now.

Only because of judges

MEDIA SCORES Nick Baldwin
BloodyElbow.com 28-29 Johnson Ryan Frederick
WrestlingObserver.com 28-29 Johnson
MMAForum.com.br 28-29 Johnson Paul Fontaine
WrestlingObserver.com 28-29 Johnson Steven Kelliher
Tapology.com 28-29 Johnson Dominik Durniat
MMARocks.pl 28-29 Johnson
MMAMania.com 28-29 Johnson Mookie Alexander
BloodyElbow.com 28-29 Johnson
MMAJunkie.com 28-29 Johnson Brian Knapp
Sherdog.com 28-29 Johnson Jordan Breen