How would it have played out? ...............

GEMMAYUI

Yellow Belt
@Yellow
Reaction score
I remember not so long ago, while both fighters were kind of in a weird, between championship fights, limbo, the UFC was angling for a Khabib vs Aldo fight. As i recall, Khabib, on the advice of his father, turned down this fight, but how would this fight have gone? This fight intrigues me. Khabib is arguably the best grappler in MMA, but Aldo, he has possibly the best, and most explosive, take-down defense, and he's also an elite striker. I see similarities between Barboza and Aldo, at least in terms of striking, but i think Aldo has much superior take down defense. As a fan of both fighters, i;d have liked to see this fight, just to see how it would have played out.

Last edited:
With Aldo’s shit cardio these past couple years, I see him winning the first 3 rounds and then getting pounded to death in the 4th and 5th until the ref saves him.

Aldo has great TDD, but Khabib was on another level. I could see Khabib grinding him out against the fence for majority of the fight and winning a one-sided decision.

Prime Aldo is Khabibs worst nightmare. Even current Aldo still has God level TDD. But Khabib is a lot bigger than Aldo. Would watch.

The first two replies have it. Aldo's TDD is on another level, but Khabib's takedowns are too, plus he's bigger. Who knows what would happen?!?! My guess is Khabib via youth.

Back