Wonderboy Thompson vs Douglas Lima - how would it go?

Dozer .

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
How would this striking match play out?

I got Lima via 3rd round leg kick TKO

593B6624-D670-48A5-AAA0-55FCB127980E.jpeg

Good style match. I'll go wonder by decision.

Wonderboy gave up the leg kicks to Masvidal, if he did that to Lima he would need to be carried out of the cage.

How would this striking match play out?

I got Lima via 3rd round leg kick TKO

View attachment 356899
Your breakdown and analysis was well worth the read. I liked how you laid out your well founded argument and then presented the outcome in such a detailed manner.
10/10 would read again.
1520805634375.jpg

I feel like this would be a really boring fight.

Wonderboy kicking from distance. Mainly with his lead leg, playing it safe. And Lima trying to leg kick and wait for the left counter hook. And after 3 rounds of almost nothing one will win a split decision. With none of the judges agreeing with each other.

Wonderboy would take him down and submit him faster than he finished Forest Woodsman.

Lima losers to KO artists who have B-grade grappling. Team Serra & Weidman would be too much.

I've got Wonderboy, 3rd round Kakato Otoshi Geri.

Douglas_Lima_vs._Ben_Saunders_2.gif

Actually, I don't know. It would be a good one to watch... maybe.

Your breakdown and analysis was well worth the read. I liked how you laid out your well founded argument and then presented the outcome in such a detailed manner.
10/10 would read again.
View attachment 356901
I legit went back to the OP to see if there was anything I missed.

Lima only beats mediocre fighters.

Thompson would dominate Lima in the standup. 1st round KO.

Wonderboy styles on Muy Thai style fighters. They're too flat footed.

Douglas B-Leaguer is not going to land a headkick or bodykick on Wonderboy. He starts landing legkicks he's going to get Sage-boxed, Northuppercutted or taken down.

I legit went back to the OP to see if there was anything I missed.
It's all he does. I'm not sure he actually follows MMA. I have a feeling he just takes shit from Reddit and posts here and thinks he'll get upvotes or something.

I think this is a good stylistic match up for Wonderboy

WB controls the distance with his length and uses his movement to avoid any big strikes, and outpoints Lima on his way to a UD.

Would be a good fight. I'd go with Lima I think.

Back