Valentina Shevchenko vs Jessica Andrade how would this fight play out?

SUBLIME FAN

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Absolutely love the sounds of this fight. Won't happen anytime soon since Andrade is still at Straweight but I know she has mentioned the possibility of moving to flyweight before.

I could see this fight happening down the road sometime.

I think this could be an instant classic. Who do you think wins?

Bullet by just being better everywhere, would look like the JJ fight with a finish.

Even more one-sided than Joanna vs. Andrade. Valentina's distance control and clinch game would easily shut down Andrade.

Torres hammered Andrade with counters every time she moved in and Val's entire game is counters

If she cant bully JJ how is she gonna bully Val..

Before i would have said Andrade would grapple her ass off, but now I'd think Valentina would as well.

It would be like the Andrade/JJ fight, but I'd say that Valentina would indulge in the grappling.

As much as I want to say Bullet, who knows with a fighter like Andrade, I'm not counting out her chances to put up a good fight with Valentina, but than again, Valentina is overall the better fighter and has fought better competition.

Andrade is a brawler who relies on brute strength Torres was landing shots on her left and right. Schevchenko would dismantle her.

Toss up fight, but Sherdog has a weird Schevchenko fetish so these responses are normal

Bullet tears her up on the feet and makes her panic wrestle into a submission.

Andrade just keeps running into Bullet's punches, same as she did against JJ.

Toss up fight, but Sherdog has a weird Schevchenko fetish so these responses are normal
While there may be a lot of Shevchenko fans commenting here, no one has made the obvious comment. Andrade was not even top 10 at 135. Shevchenko was neck and neck with the title holder at 135 and has looked great at 125. I would imagine Shevchenko would be heavily favored at 125, but if odds were even, as you imply they should be, my money would definitely be on Shevchenko.

Fan of both but you have to give the edge to Valentina here. I think Andrade would do quite well at FLW though.

As much as I want to say Bullet, who knows with a fighter like Andrade, I'm not counting out her chances to put up a good fight with Valentina, but than again, Valentina is overall the better fighter and has fought better competition.
It's a fight I'd like to see, but given Valentina's ranking at 135 compared to Andrade's ranking there, I would definitely give Val the edge.

Back