Frankie Edgar's longtime coach Mark Henry eyes Bantamweight next

SUBLIME FAN

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Good move, imo.

Does he beat the likes of Cody and TJ? I don't know. But (i) there ain't much left for him at 145, and (ii) Dominick vs. Frankie is a dream matchup.

Edgar gets beaten by Garbrandt, TJ and Cruz.
Anybody who thinks otherwise is simply a fanboy. Hell, even Rivera would probably beat him at this point.

Finally. Hopefully we get to see a dream match of mine. Frank vs TJ.

That division would be even less forgiving to him than featherweight was.

Edgar would have better chances of winning the title in FW than bw

I’d be keen to see how Dom vs Frankie plays out

I'm torn. On one hand, Frankie vs Cruz or TJ sounds great (on paper at least).

On the other hand, I really don't want to see him keep fighting. The man has done a lot and deserves to retire healthy.

Having beat BJ Penn 3 times, he should know better than anyone the horrors of sticking it out too long... id like to see him retire or maybe fight cruz in a final fight

I kinda hate the idea of him chasing down weight classes, it usually doesn't end well. On the other hand, if anyone can pull something like that off it's Frankie. The guy barely cut any weight for most of his career, and if he can make 135 he will be a nightmare for everyone down there.

Regardless of what happens here on out, war Frankie!

I say don't fix what isn't broken....

135 will still be there after he grabs the 145 gold....

I mean, why move to 135 when he's already so close? The Ortega fight was lighting in a bottle....I'd pick Frankie to win a rematch without giving it a second thought. It's not like if he gets to Max it's a given Frankie will win. That's a very difficult fight. But I say get to the top of the mountain again, and give it a shot....After that no matter the result, move if you wish....But not yet.

henry-wsm.jpg

Edgar gets beaten by Garbrandt, TJ and Cruz.
Anybody who thinks otherwise is simply a fanboy. Hell, even Rivera would probably beat him at this point.

If he's as sharp as he was when he beat Yair and Cub than he matches up well against TJ.

TJ and Cody are both faster with more power and equivalent wrestling.

Frankie smashes post USADA back fat Cruz though.

Back