How does a Tony tire out a Khabib from the bottom?

xMaxPower

Red Belt
Reaction score
He will likely be on the bottom the majority of the first half of the fight.

He can take control in the second half if hes able to tire Khabib out imo. The question is... how do you do that from the bottom?

One way he can do this is keep raining elbows from guard forcing Khabib to react.
How else though?

Khabib tired still does what he does smash smash smash

Tony shouldnt even be thinking of tireing khabib due to this.

Wat tony needs to do is try stay on the outside like this

14330163_10154477032863416_6244013127599541358_n1.jpg

He can damage Khabib from the bottom. We will see how he likes that.

I'm not sure he has to. I can't see Khabib taking Ferguson down in the center of the octagon and I think Ferguson can stay away from the cage or use his scrambles to get back up before Khabib can control the position.

Last edited:
One of Tonys greatest strengths is his wild scrambles. He does weird, unpredictable shit in the scrambles, even Khabib has said this in interviews.

I think him throwing strikes off his back, as well as him constantly scrambling will be his best bet to slow the smeshing attack of Khabib early.

It would be tough. Butterfly guard can be pretty fatiguing to deal with when used by a skilled practicioner but it has limited application in MMA and is more transitional. Half guard would be good but I'm not sure thats a good idea against Khabib...probably just good old fashioned closed guard used aggressively - maybe using a very high guard/rubber guard etc with a lot of strikes and sub/sweep attempts.

Sub attempts and scrambling up. He will be active on bottom the whole fight . And never gets tired.

He doesnt. Its just the false hope khabib haters have.
“Khabibs wrestling is too much for him”
“Yeah well tony will be able to beat him up from the bottom while hes getting smashed by khabib..yeah!”

Tony’s only chance is that Khabib gasses out in the later rounds.

1- Wild movements
2- Unortodow striking
3-Elbows, knees in clinch
4- Defending takedowns
5-scrambles, rolling into subs
6- elbows and strikes from bottom
7- going for subs
8-getting back up.

25 minutes... all this should be enough to tire Khabib out and take a late TKO or sub.

Great fight. Tony great fighter to watch not boring and Khabib very good with his style fighting. Just hope they show in fight with best ever form that they can have in they all life or left one more for Conor but still this is semifinal for Khabib and finale with Conor after that he maybe go to retirement

He will likely be on the bottom the majority of the first half of the fight.

He can take control in the second half if hes able to tire Khabib out imo. The question is... how do you do that from the bottom?

One way he can do this is keep raining elbows from guard forcing Khabib to react.
How else though?
Elbows, limb and head trapping, scrambles and sub attempts ect see the Lee fight.

One of Tonys greatest strengths is his wild scrambles. He does weird, unpredictable shit in the scrambles, even Khabib has said this in interviews.

I think him throwing strikes off his back, as well as him constantly scrambling will be his best bet to slow the smeshing attack of Khabib early.

Indeed, I can see alot of cutting elbows, submission threats, weird angles. I can't wait for this fight!

I have no idea who is going to win, I know that Khabib is quite the favorite right now for the sports bookmakers. Tony may also be able to land some juicy spinning stuff on the feet.. We know Khabib is going to Khabib, that is for sure.

Beverly Goldberg is such a milf.

Cracks me up too,

SNUGGIES

id totally do her, maybe more than the daughter erica.

Or maybe just do the sportsmans double,

Wait, what are we talking about?

Be active with his hips, constantly shifting and threatening sweeps/subs.

Using his length to push away on Khabib's head/shoulders in order to create distance for elbows on the bottom.

Using his length to scramble for a front headlock position.

Use Khabib's desperation for a takedown against him and dive on d'arce, anacondas, and guillotines even without great position. Try to use them to get top position during scrambles.

Last edited:
Let Khabib exhaust himself trying to repeatedly take Tony down (which will include trying to control Ferguson and keep him pinned down while he's doing all his scrambling and squirming), and also do as much damage from the bottom as possible. Tony is one of the most dangerous there is off his back, and the type of damage he could inflict from there might begin to gradually add up as the rounds go on.

If Tony makes it that far, a tired and possibly hurt Khabib might not be able to last against Ferguson in the championship rounds if Ferguson's gas tank is still adequate enough.

It's not going to work....

I'm 100% convinced Tony's only path to victory is melting Khabib with a single shot that puts him away....

then again, I'm convinced that's the only way anyone in the division is going to beat Khabib.

Tony is going to battle on the fence. He'll get taken down eventually, but it won't be as easy as Johnson. Tony has a lot more depth to his wrestling game than Barboza. Make it hell to get a takedown, make Khabib mind his neck, throw elbows when Khabib postures up, and look for subs when he tripods to pass,...generally keep things as stressful as possible. A guy like Brock looked like he had cardio for days vs Herring, but gassed in 90 seconds verse Cain.

A look at Tony's wrestling

I think A Tony should wear tiramisu cologne and pray for A Habib DQ via biting.

Back