Do you still have high hopes for Marcin Tybura?

BigMuffler

Loli is love loli is life!
@Steel
Reaction score
Defeated Arlovski and held his own against Werdum, was KTFO by Black Beast... but was winning until he lost. :p Relatively young for HW with a decent size, do you still see contender potential in Tybura?

Not high hopes, it's HW after all. But I do think he is one of the more skilled HWs.

respect yes.
high hopes? not really

not really. hes a gatekeeper to the top 10 kind of HW. hes slow, striking is terrible, no power etc. hes got a decent takedown and is good if hes got top control. other then that hes not very good

I think he’ll beat most guys but probably won’t ever be top 5 unless he really tightens up his striking

Nope, not to put down anyone but most HW and even some LHW lack a solid or even a good well rounded skill set. It's all K.O power and nothing else. Kinda sad really.

Nope, not to put down anyone but most HW and even some LHW lack a solid or even a good well rounded skill set. It's all K.O power and nothing else. Kinda sad really.
That doesn't really describe Tybura... that's like a "WMMA sucks" level generalization applied to a male lol.

Nah I'm done with Tybura
Because he let himself get beat the fuck down by a guy who skillwise is a stooge by comparison? Or was there more before his last fight?

Because he let himself get beat the fuck down by a guy who skillwise is a stooge by comparison? Or was there more before his last fight?

Just can't be arsed with him anymore

Can you let him know for me?

Just can't be arsed with him anymore

Can you let him know for me?
Yeah dude. That's what I'm here for. I'm the guy.

But you da man.

Don't give up on Tybura yet.

Yeah dude. That's what I'm here for. I'm the guy.

But you da man.

Don't give up on Tybura yet.

I'll stick with him..
But only because you told me to

Not after he basically threw away the Lewis fight, no

Has to work on his striking, both technique and power. He really needs to try to work on speed as well , maybe shed 15-20 lbs. He just seems so soft around the belly in his fights, makes me think he could lose a little of it and prob be better off for it.

I don't see much in him.
Werdum had a slow plodding fight against Tybura and won at that Ozzie card.
Volkov fought the same plodding Werdum and won quite decisively.
This tells me a lot.
Looking at the rather depressing rankings of UFC HW division, only championship prospects seem to be Justin Willis (simply because he trains with DC and co), Ngannou with some sensible fight IQ, Arjan Bhullar and maybe some of these heavyweight Russians once I get to see what they can do.

I don't see much in him.
Werdum had a slow plodding fight against Tybura and won at that Ozzie card.
Volkov fought the same plodding Werdum and won quite decisively.
This tells me a lot.
Looking at the rather depressing rankings of UFC HW division, only championship prospects seem to be Justin Willis (simply because he trains with DC and co), Ngannou with some sensible fight IQ, Arjan Bhullar and maybe some of these heavyweight Russians once I get to see what they can do.

I agree on Tybura.

Justin Willis is not very good. Francis is what he is, he will always be this fighter, he’s three years in the ufc and hasn’t worked grappling, it’s late in the game to start w it now. Arjan is a gatekeeper type, he’s small and boring, ala Jared Rosholt.

Blaydes, Volkov if he works on his wrestling (it was atrocious), and Tuivasa if he can work on his gas tank as he lost poorly in that one modified MMA rules fight.

I’m also waiting on Juan Adams, D1 monster who at 3-0 will be on the Contender Series this summer. He trains sometimes w Blaydes, he’s next up...

Well, if we're lucky, we may soon see Blaydes Vs Volkov if Blaydes beats Overeem.
It would answer a question of how Volkov deals with Blaydes wrestling and answer Blaydes question if he can be smart enough to not keep being tagger by rangey punches (applying to both Overeem and Volkov).
I wouldn't count out Ngannou yet. Blaydes had trouble keeping him down with his wrestling. Ngannou lost to Stipe mainly because he was swinging for the fences and a guy his size should not exert so much in early rounds.
If Ngannou used a more stalking approach with choice timed punches, he would be quite scary for all of them.

Back