Champ vs champ fights arnt fair

Eli1015

Martial Artist
@Brown
Reaction score
For example. Stipe vs DC. I love both. But lets say DC beats stipe. He is now the UFC LHW and HW champion. And stipe loses his belt. But if stipe beats DC it's just another title defence against someone from a lower weight class. It's never seems worth it for he higher weight class champion tbh.

Why would stipe lose when his fighting a little short underweight man?

giphy.gif

Maybe it's not fair but then surely it'd be much more unfair to give a guy a title at 205 when he never made the weight? Dc is the one doing the leg work. Dc should be the one to get the goods.

It's the same thing when Stipe fights a number 1 contender. Stipe wins he gets nothing. Stipe loses he loses his belt... That's how defending the title works. And actually if the champion defends he gets another belt so if Stipe beats DC he will get his 5th UFC HW belt.

For example. Stipe vs DC. I love both. But lets say DC beats stipe. He is now the UFC LHW and HW champion. And stipe loses his belt. But if stipe beats DC it's just another title defence against someone from a lower weight class. It's never seems worth it for he higher weight class champion tbh.
DC is actually one of the bigger fights financially and challenge wise for stipe to take over any fight in the hw division

Maybe D.C. will win and just retire after this fight.

Then 2 divisions will be fooked.

I'm more worried about DC in this fight. If Stipe loses it'll be from decision or sub. But if DC loses it's via brutal KO.

That's the way it goes when you're taking hr challenge up in weight.

I wonder if you went down if you could put both belts on the line. Probably not but that'd be fun.

<mma4>

Money-Fight... Plus both have beaten the top contender. Makes sense from a business stand point.

If either guy had an obvious contender I'd feel like they should defend each of their belts but they've beaten all the top contenders. The only top guy is Cain and he next to never fights, if he makes it to the fight and then wins he'd likely be injured for 2 years before he could defend.

Meh, Stipe has been pouting about money for a long time now so here's his chance.

Usually, I'd agree. But there is no contenders whatsoever on neither of the divisions. + Stipe has a great payday to win from this.

I like both and hate this fight. DC's last? What if he wins. One day I think the old DC is going to show up and get ko'd. The next day I think the Olympic wrestler is going to show up and win. I usually have an opinion about the outcome if I know both fighters, this one's tough to call.

Maybe it's not fair but then surely it'd be much more unfair to give a guy a title at 205 when he never made the weight? Dc is the one doing the leg work. Dc should be the one to get the goods.
While I agree with the general sentiment of your post, what legwork is DC doing here? Instead of his usual weight cutting, he'd probably just put on some healthy weight. I highly doubt he'd come in at some 260 pound shredded gorilla but more likely just a pudgy HW without cutting any weight.

I agree, Stipe should get one free kick in the groin during the fight with no point deductions or DQ's

While I agree with the general sentiment of your post, what legwork is DC doing here? Instead of his usual weight cutting, he'd probably just put on some healthy weight. I highly doubt he'd come in at some 260 pound shredded gorilla but more likely just a pudgy HW without cutting any weight.
Dc is going up. Stipe isn't going down. It's as simple as that. I know what you're saying but it is what it is.

Back