Which division is the worst FLW, LHW or HW?

wilKO

Green, White & Gold belt
@Steel
Reaction score
All 3 divisions are very weak. Which one is the weakest?

FLW: MM has dominated since the beginning. He has a few good wins and a whole lot of "who the fook is that guys"

LHW: the most prestigious division in MMA history arguably with the most legends. A far cry from it's glory days though. Jones out being Jones. DC moved to HW. Rumble moved to weed. It's a complete shit show now. The top 10 is frankly pathetic. Shogun is 1 win away from a title shot. No one at all is inspiring in the division.

HW: still cluttered with old veterans like Hunt, Arlovski, Werdum, Overeem. The Werdum fight last night didn't exactly convince me the new guys are any good. Ngannou is the best prospect in years and he has no experience at all. He only really has KO power. He lacks serious skill or background. The champion as good as he is is a part time fighter.

So which division is the worst?

*A poll would be nice*

LHW is easily the worst, HW isn't bad at all now. Half of LHW's top 10 are literal journeymen.

HW, then LHW, then FLW. imo

Edit: From worst to best.

Last edited:
Light heavy is just sad now, especially compared to what it used to be.

LHW is easily the worst, HW isn't bad at all now. Half of LHW's top 10 are literal journeymen.

I would agree. HW is having a slight resurgence. However I'm not convinced that any of these new guys are that good. At least there seems to be options in that division.

I would agree. HW is having a slight resurgence. However I'm not convinced that any of these new guys are that good. At least there seems to be options in that division.
At least they are young/young-ish, the "new" guys rising at LHW are like 35 years old beating up other aging journeymen except for Volkan lol.

All 3 divisions are very weak. Which one is the weakest?

FLW: MM has dominated since the beginning. He has a few good wins and a whole lot of "who the fook is that guys"

LHW: the most prestigious division in MMA history arguably with the most legends. A far cry from it's glory days though. Jones out being Jones. DC moved to HW. Rumble moved to weed. It's a complete shit show now. The top 10 is frankly pathetic. Shogun is 1 win away from a title shot. No one at all is inspiring in the division.

HW: still cluttered with old veterans like Hunt, Arlovski, Werdum, Overeem. The Werdum fight last night didn't exactly convince me the new guys are any good. Ngannou is the best prospect in years and he has no experience at all. He only really has KO power. He lacks serious skill or background. The champion as good as he is is a part time fighter.

So which division is the worst?

*A poll would be nice*

I find it ridiculous to include FLW.

Benavides, Cerrudo, Pettis jr. and plenty of good guys.
Heck, they even guys like Lineker & Dodson couldn't cut it and moved up (and are climbing to the top).

The fact Demetrious Johnson makes them look that far behind him does not mean they are bad.

The question of who is worse though, LHW is (IMO) the worse.
HW is weak, but stable.
LHW moved from the best, deepest division to a joke.

Last edited:

Heck, they even guys like Lineker & Dodson couldn't cut it and moved up (and are climbing to the top).

The fact Dodson makes them look that far behind him does not mean they are bad.

HW is weak, but stable.

I included FLW because it has the reputation of being a joke. Whether true or not. I wanted to know if people who feel that way still think it's worse than LHW and HW

I included FLW because it has the reputation of being a joke. Whether true or not. I wanted to know if people who feel that way still think it's worse than LHW and HW
I understand, but I feel that including just keep the stigma it is.
If you'd have asked which division was weakest, you would see that FLW would almost not be voted (bar from the haters and those who try to be funny about manlets...).

Flw merely has a dominant champion, and this is the reason it makes the division seem weak...

I understand, but I feel that including just keep the stigma it is.
If you'd have asked which division was weakest, you would see that FLW would almost not be voted (bar from the haters and those who try to be funny about manlets...).

Flw merely has a dominant champion, and this is the reason it makes the division seem weak...

Last time I checked it was also the smallest division in terms of numbers, they had even less guys signed than at HW.

For me it's a toss up between HW and LHW both are shallow and a side from the DC v Stipe Fight I'm not intrigued by any possible up coming fights .

FLW. Even bad LHW or HW will produce crazy KOs. Boring FLWs are pretty much just WMMA.

The fact Dodson makes them look that far behind him does not mean they are bad.

HW is weak, but stable.

lol the fact that you included Pettis Jr. shows how weak it is. Dude is a can who is only in the UFC because of his brother. Lineker and Dodson literally couldn't cut it, as in they couldn't cut to 125 anymore...

HW is the worst in the sense that it is pretty much strictly boxing. Two big guys swinging haymakers until they get tired 2 minutes in. It's boring to watch and isn't representative of what MMA can be.

LHW is the worst in the sense that it is the most barren division right now with no upcoming prospects and very few new comers. Why aren't UFC actively seeking out LHW talent?

But at least at LHW a guy like Daniel Cormier can be very successful with aggressive wrestling. But the flip side to that is the champ is moving out of the weightclass and moving up, so as much as I like DC, is he ever going to fight at LHW again? He's leaving the division in absolute shambles.

I honestly think at least a half of current top10 LHWs would have beaten Werdum and Volkov last night. Thats how bad they looked.

I honestly think at least a half of current top10 LHWs would have beaten Werdum and Volkov last night. Thats how bad they looked.
Boo don't say that, Volkov is our new, young white light of hope! (29 in the HW division is equivalent to 19 in other divisions :p)

Also he's like a Russian Gus even down to his first name.

Back