Werdum put on weight - one of the factor that he lose

Charnel2500

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
When he fight against Velasquez he weighed 236, against Tybura and Volkov 249.

Now Im not impressed by his cardio. I think If he have enough energy he can keep Volkov on the ground for a long time and win by decision.

What do you think about that: high weight ----> worse cardio ------> dont have enough energy to keep Volkov on the ground -----> KO, because he is not a good boxer.

Dude just got old and fat.

Also:
United_States_Anti-Doping_Agency_logo.png

Its his 4th fight in 8 months and he's 40. Its very hard to keep the form he had in the Cain fight. That was his absolute best shape ever.

Werdum just couldnt quite get into peak Werdumness.

Werdum was about 83% of the Werdum he needed to be, and about 59% of apex Werdum.

Its his 4th fight in 8 months and he's 40. Its very hard to keep the form he had in the Cain fight. That was his absolute best shape ever.
I agree, that the Darren Brown fight and then into some flabby old dad

Man I'm so disappointed I love Werdum and would have loved to see him get a title shot soon.
Now I dunno....there's Volkov, Cain, Jon (if DC wins the HW belt).

Werdum started his career as dad bod.
Got his good form as Skinny Doom.
Back to dad bodoom again.
40... So what, it might be "harder" but he can still get slimmer and fitter.

He is thinking about retirement which is why he is now a company man and likes his commentary.

Didn’t do troll face at weigh ins = disaster

No he had a back injury in the Cain fight and was heavier for that one(236). His best shape was against Mike Kyle(229) and Travis Browne the first time(232).

Also, 40 is not a good excuse to be a fatass with no cardio. At 40 and with usada it will be harder but it can be done. Hes just not taking it as serious as he could. Hes also wasting energy running across the octagon going for jumping kicks being a clown.

But I actually think Volkovs height and skill was the bigger factor. Werdum struggled to get off his usual striking offense because of it and couldnt utilize his thai clinch and knees which is a big part of his game.

No he had a back injury in the Cain fight and was heavier for that one(236). His best shape was against Mike Kyle(229) and Travis Browne the first time(232).

Also, 40 is not a good excuse to be a fatass with no cardio. At 40 and with usada it will be harder but it can be done. Hes just not taking it as serious as he could. Hes also wasting energy running across the octagon going for jumping kicks being a clown.

But I actually think Volkovs height and skill was the bigger factor. Werdum struggled to get off his usual striking offense because of it and couldnt utilize his thai clinch and knees which is a big part of his game.
As someone who bet on werdum I was wondering why he did that. I'm sure @KevinLee can relate

When he fight against Velasquez he weighed 236, against Tybura and Volkov 249.

Now Im not impressed by his cardio. I think If he have enough energy he can keep Volkov on the ground for a long time and win by decision.

What do you think about that: high weight ----> worse cardio ------> dont have enough energy to keep Volkov on the ground -----> KO, because he is not a good boxer.
*Lost

FTFY

A ton of body fat, is he training strength and conditioning alot? Or is he simply mainly working on technique and cheeseburgers?

I was also surprised on how quickly he gassed, I like werdum but his way to a TS is long gone.

his sloppy striking technique would not have changed , even if he was 220

Back