Fabricio Werdum conditioning/ fight twice a year

FinalConflict2005

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
First Werdum is a straight OG Pride/UFC vet, total hespect all day.

What did you guys think of his conditioning? Carrying a little more fat then normal? Maybe he’s a little burnt out from fighting so much.

Twice a year might be better for him?

What do you guys think?
giphy.gif

What did you guys think of his conditioning? Carrying a little more fat then normal? Maybe he’s a little burnt out from fighting so much.

What do you guys think?
giphy.gif
He's old, battle torn, was a little chubbier than usual, fighting a larger opponent, and his wrestling is meh.

He's old, battle torn, was a little chubbier than usual, fighting a larger opponent, and his wrestling is meh.

He was still taking down Volkov almost at will.

What was impressive is how Volkov kept him in his guard the majority of the time, even when Werdum would pass. That little de la riva sweep he hit to get back to his feet was neat as well.

Maybe Werdum lost a step or two on the ground as well. He is 40 after all.

In his haste to get back into Dana's good graces and speed his way back to a title shot, maybe he has taken on too many fights lately. He probably overtrained and beat himself up more than his age could well handle.

What was impressive is how Volkov kept him in his guard the majority of the time, even when Werdum would pass. That little de la riva sweep he hit to get back to his feet was neat as well.

He shouldn't have went for that armbar when he had Volkov's back. He should have kept the back and tried to work the choke or just ride him out to win the round. He gave up the dominant position.

<{you!}>

I think he will probably fight as many times as he can in the near future knowing that his career must come to an end eventually, he still beats majority of the HW Roster by skill and experience, but at some point it wont be enough anymore with the reflexes and agility getting worse.

Werdum back to looking like his chunky self prior to his release from the UFC. What happened? There was a time when he was looking like an athlete and kicking some ass. Did he lose the drive to compete?

He shouldn't have went for that armbar when he had Volkov's back. He should have kept the back and tried to work the choke or just ride him out to win the round. He gave up the dominant position.

<{you!}>
He wants to finish fights. He lost. Much respect. Wrasslers tho...

What do you guys think?
giphy.gif
I loved watching him
Piece up TBrowne

Diving for single legs followed by flopping to your back and nearly getting mounted 10xs is not a takedown.

Taking down at will, geeeezus croist.

Yeah, I was a bit concerned when he weighed 249.He's not the same since Stiopic KO.He's 40/41, he won't be better.Time for farawekk fight, maybe Hunt Rematch or Arlovski vs Tuivasa winner.

He has always had less muscle mass than almost everyone fighting at 205. If he burned off all the flab, he would weigh 220-225. Most guys fighting at 205 cut from 230-240 and enter the cage at 225-233.

Yah he was in the 220s vs Browne one of the times and close to that vs Cain too I think

~DaViD~

He has always had less muscle mass than almost everyone fighting at 205. If he burned off all the flab, he would weigh 220-225. Most guys fighting at 205 cut from 230-240 and enter the cage at 225-233.
Yeah I never thought of Werdum as a really big guy even though he's 6'4, seemed skinny and a bit weird to call him a HW. One of the best ever in his prime despite that though.

Lmao dude I see what you're getting at but he is not a 205er

Lmao dude I see what you're getting at but he is not a 205er
He could have been if he came into MMA 10 years later with modern weight cutting standards, there isn't really much size difference between Werdum and Gus - both are tall, "skinny" guys by MMA standards (when in shape).

Back