Just became an even bigger fan of Till

datsyuk

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
After hearing this interview and how he is a huge fan of Khabib, I just became an ever bigger fan of his.

Yeah his assessment of Khabib vs Conor is pretty well-founded

But why do fighters in higher weight classes feel the need to compare themselves to Conor all the time? Conor was a Featherweight champ who moved up and won a Lightweight belt. The dude is 5'9"... Daren is a 6 foot tall large Welterweight. Of course Darren would iron Conor out. Why do we need to consider such a question?

Last edited:

But why to fighters in higher weight classes feel the need to compare themselves to Conor all the time? Conor was a Featherweight champ who moved up and won a Lightweight belt. The dude is 5'9"... Daren is a 6 foot tall large Welterweight. Of course Darren would iron Conor out. Why do we need to consider such a question?

Coz casuals.

He's a real dude, you can tell he knows he can smash everyone at WW. He should have fought by now though.

But why do fighters in higher weight classes feel the need to compare themselves to Conor all the time? Conor was a Featherweight champ who moved up and won a Lightweight belt. The dude is 5'9"... Daren is a 6 foot tall large Welterweight. Of course Darren would iron Conor out. Why do we need to consider such a question?

You kind of answered it yourself. Easy fight + huge payday. Of course he would want that fight, eventhough chances of it happening are slim to none.

You kind of answered it yourself. Easy fight + huge payday. Of course he would want that fight, eventhough chances of it happening are slim to none.

Well I guess you're right. But surely that's pretty much the same as DC calling out Robert Whittaker. It would be an easy fight and huge payday sure... but would hold absolutely no credibility whatsoever.

Well I guess you're right. But surely that's pretty much the same as DC calling out Robert Whittaker. It would be an easy fight and huge payday sure... but would hold absolutely no credibility whatsoever.
In its current state, unfortunately, credibility means nothing in the UFC. Fighters like Darren knows this and that's why they focus on raking up money fast in order to be able to retire comfortably before becoming vegetables.

Conor is really hoping for tony to win. Conor has a better chance of beating tony than Khabib

But why do fighters in higher weight classes feel the need to compare themselves to Conor all the time?
The interviewers ask the questions. Till just answers.

Conor is really hoping for tony to win. Conor has a better chance of beating tony than Khabib
I doubt it. Conor gonna fight gsp or nate for the 165 conorweight belt regardless of the winner.

He's a real dude, you can tell he knows he can smash everyone at WW. He should have fought by now though.

Indeed, I honestly don't think that's his fault though. I blame the rest of the division for being scared and the UFC for not making a fight happen.

Big fan of both guys. Greatness can recognize greatness. Khabib and till both future champs imho (khabib is a lock on April 7th)

6 foot is not even that tall lol. Besides height has got nothing to do with his ability. Nate is 6 foot 1. Strength matters. Not size. It just so happens to be the case that the bigger you are the more strength you possess. Bigger in terms of muscle mass and weight overall. Thats why bigger guys hit harder. Power matters just as much as strength. How much of your actual strength can you utilize to generate enough force as output over a sustained period matters.
Back to your original point though, till would destroy connor.

I doubt it. Conor gonna fight gsp or nate for the 165 conorweight belt regardless of the winner.

There is no way Conor will fight GSP. GSP would take him down immediately and probably TKO or submit him in the 1st rnd. Probably.

There is no way Conor will fight GSP. GSP would take him down immediately and probably TKO or submit him in the 1st rnd. Probably.
Post fight says "I took a fookin risk vs a MW Champion" And then he'll laugh all the way to the bank while his fans pretend it was special.

And then he'll laugh all the way to the bank.

Nah his ego would never let him take a fight he has little chance of winning. If it was just about the money, he could have fought Khabib, Tony, Woodley, etc long ago and banked on each fight (win or lose).

Back