2 ko loss under cordeiro

He's just old man, can't blame the coach

Werdum went from Damian mai level striking to standing with Overeem and Cain, + koing Hunt

All under Master Rafael

Nahhh, he just got old and chinny. Werdum improve a lot on his striking when he went to cordeiro, but i will say he hasn't got the best striking defense which was shown on the fights with Stipe and Volkov.

Not as much the age, more to do with Werdum blatantly fighting recklessly. He started tucking his head and swinging wildly against a younger longer guy and got KOd seconds after.

There was no reason for him to do that. He was winning the fight. Just had to compose himself for a few more minutes.

No hespect Hafael? You no I don’t like this, like, you know all the time, like this?

Not as much the age, more to do with Werdum blatantly fighting recklessly. He started tucking his head and swinging wildly against a younger longer guy and got KOd seconds after.

There was no reason for him to do that. He was winning the fight. Just had to compose himself for a few more minutes.
Those two strikes on the ground just before made him mad i think and he rushed in shortly after. Similar to the stipe fight, got cracked then bumrushed ko'd. Tough SOB he is

Those two strikes on the ground just before made him mad i think and he rushed in shortly after. Similar to the stipe fight, got cracked then bumrushed ko'd. Tough SOB he is
Yes, he clearly got emotional. Fighting with emotions get you reckless- it creates openings.

Werdum is a very seasoned fighter. Hard to find someone with more experience than him across mma and martial arts in general- in competition. Especially being a BJJ ace, he knows how important the chess game is in fighting.

He lost his composure, and paid for it instantly.

Nahhh, he just got old and chinny. Werdum improve a lot on his striking when he went to cordeiro, but i will say he hasn't got the best striking defense which was shown on the fights with Stipe and Volkov.
Yup he leaves himself open to counters and eventually age caught up with his chin

How many wins?

I think he felt like he as empty in the tank and said screw it. A bad idea for sure but maybe he didn't think he had another 2 rounds in him

He got the title and beat Fedor under Cordeiro, he's perfectly fine if he stays there.

<36>

He looked slow and fat but was still winning the fight until he decided to stand and bang with his chin up. It's just classic Werdum doing something stupid in a fight.

I think the commentators got it right that he was gassing and had to go for it. He was up two rounds, then lost round 3 and was losing round 4. He couldn't take Volkov down anymore and any scrambles weren't going his way. So he had to win the fight standing, or the least use his stand up to hurt Volkov and then take him down.

Werdum is 41 years old ffs, Cordeiro isn't a magician or something like that

<3>

He's 40 and fat...don't blame the coach.
He's just old man, can't blame the coach

Werdum went from Damian mai level striking to standing with Overeem and Cain, + koing Hunt

All under Master Rafael
Werdum is old, no doubt about that.

But he wasn't KOed because he was slow or because he was fat. Both KOs were the result of recklessness, which is the kind of thing coaching could encourage or discourage. I don't really blame the coach, I'm just saying it's a valid item of discussion. It's almost like Werdum has gotten too comfortable with his striking.

Back