Best Russian Heavyweight is still not in UFC....

JustOnce

On Hiatus
Double Yellow Card
Reaction score
Vitaly Minakov

21-0, 19 Finishes

Four time Sports Sambo World champion

method=get&s=vitaly-minakov-rock-bottom-gof.gif

In comparison, Fedor is a four time 'Combat' Sambo World champion. He fought Nogueira for his 22nd fight in PRIDE. I feel like this guy is ready for a big fight for his 22nd fight as well. This guy has better wrestling than Fedor, taller, and bigger. He is also undefeated for 8 years and counting.

Last edited:
UFC needs better scouts. He would be in the ufc now if he’s American

I was just about to make the same thread. Minakov needs to be in the UFC ASAP. Not like they couldn't use another HW. Especially a phenom like him.

Vitaly Minakov

21-0, 19 Finishes

In comparison, Fedor is a four time 'Combat' Sambo World champion. He fought Nogueira for his 22nd fight in PRIDE. I feel like this guy is ready for a big fight for his 22nd fight as well.

Hmm first time hearing of this dude, cool throw i like throws like that.

Not the UFC's problem, he refuses to fight out his Bellator contract. Would rather can crush in the far east for bigger money than challenge himself. inb4 he beat Bigfoot who hasn't won in like a decade.

The sad fact is Americans the UFCs main fan base don't care for Russians, other wise there would be hundreds of them on the roster

Minakov is not only the best Russian HW in MMA......Minakov is the BEST HW in MMA period, any nationality, and I been saying that on here for more than 4 years.

People only know UFC and their fail hype machines. Minakov is millions of skill levels above anyone in UFC, and he would beat any guy on the entire UFC roster.

There is definitely something we don't know, makes no sense this guy has not been signed yet.

Lol if it turns out that M-1 HW > UFC HW division :D

Really sucks that he's not in the UFC. The division is on life support.

Such a shame that all the UFC fatties cant sing USA at him

UFC doesn't seem to have a great track record in signing the top Eastern European talent...... Fedor, Minakov, Ivanov, Kharitonov, etc.

Would like to see guys like Yusupov, Frolov, Kunchenko, Nemkov, and a few others in the UFC as well.

Or make a UFC vs M-1 Event :p

Minakov (21-0) vs Stipe
Yusupov (9-0) vs Cormier
Frolov (10-0) vs Whittaker
Kunchenko (17-0) vs Khabib/Tony winner
Ismagulov (15-2) vs Holloway
Dalgiev (10-1) vs TJ

Vitaly Minakov

21-0, 19 Finishes

In comparison, Fedor is a four time 'Combat' Sambo World champion. He fought Nogueira for his 22nd fight in PRIDE. I feel like this guy is ready for a big fight for his 22nd fight as well. This guy has better wrestling than Fedor, taller, and bigger. He is also undefeated for 8 years and counting.
Worth mentioning that he's also the former Bellator champ (was stripped for inactivity), and he has already beaten names like Bigfoot Silva, Cheick Kongo, Peter Graham, Tony Johnson, Josh Copeland and of course Volkov, who he knocked out in the first round.

UFC doesn't seem to have a great track record in signing the top Eastern European talent...... Fedor, Minakov, Ivanov, Kharitonov, etc.

Would like to see guys like Yusupov, Frolov, Kunchenko, Nemkov, and a few others in the UFC as well.

Or make a UFC vs M-1 Event :p

Minakov (21-0) vs Stipe
Yusupov (9-0) vs Cormier
Frolov (10-0) vs Whittaker
Kunchenko (17-0) vs Khabib/Tony winner
Ismagulov (15-2) vs Holloway
Dalgiev (10-1) vs TJ
Trying to cross promote with foreign promotions has turned out poorly for the UFC in the past.

Back