UFC-London's Brad Scott details money woes caused by scrapped fight – and it ain't pretty

FrankieNYC

STUFF!
Platinum Member
Reaction score
He seems to think he won't get his Reebok money & show purse, if true that is a bad look on Reebok/UFC.
Lorenzo-era used to pay full guarantee. WME started with partial, but has given full purse if the fighter did not turn down a replacement fight for same event.
I haven't heard he turned anything down, so this is a bad look

UFC-London's Brad Scott details money woes caused by scrapped fight – and it ain't pretty

With his bout scrapped from the card, Scott was given half his fight purse, ($10,000) by the UFC to help tide him over until his next bout. But the seven-fight UFC veteran said the gesture, though welcome, still left him considerably out of pocket, especially given the fact that he hadn’t received any payment from Reebok for the week.

“It would be really nice if the UFC looked after me and gave me my Reebok money for this week,” he said. “I’ve worn their gear every day this week, and I’ll be wearing Reebok to the fights tomorrow. Even though I can’t compete, I’ll still be there, and I’ll still be wearing Reebok. It’d be nice to get the $5,000, which to a company like Reebok, is (expletive) all, by the way.

Awful news. He probably thought he had won the lottery when he heard he was getting Reebok pay on top of that massive UFC contract...

Din Thomas is on a tirade on twitter right now defending the UFC, saying stuff like 'well if I hired people to do my driveway, but then I changed my mind before they showed up, should I still have to pay them anyway?'

I would include the links, but I can't because I called him on it and he just blocked me, lol.

Din Thomas is on a tirade on twitter right now defending the UFC, saying stuff like 'well if I hired people to do my driveway, but then I changed my mind before they showed up, should I still have to pay them anyway?'

I would include the links, but I can't because I called him on it and he just blocked me, lol.

Damn. Reebok paying more to get those journalist in their pockets than they are paying the fighters. Thomas must be getting those juicy 50% discount coupons.

In all seriousness fighters should get paid if they show up to fight but their fight gets canceled and it's not their fault.

Pay the man. Ufc should just cover it. 5k is (explitive) all to them also

Et tu, Din?

Din Thomas, not Luke Thomas.

Haha allright. It's still an awful comparison. Specially since a big part of the work is, as Scott points out, arround of the fight.

He explained any further on his why?

Haha allright. It's still an awful comparison. Specially since a big part of the work is, as Scott points out, arround of the fight.

He explained any further on his why?

Din just happens to have a job as co-host on Dana White's 'Lookin' For A Fight', so I suspect therein lies at least some of if not all of the answer as to why he's taking up the UFC's side against the fighters here.

I would respond to Din Thomas that a training camp isn't the same as doing a driveway. It's more akin to having a custom kitchen designed and built. You can call me before I install it, but you're still paying for it and 50% of the installation cost.
Din Thomas is a fucking shill it seems.

Din just happens to have a job as co-host on Dana White's 'Lookin' For A Fight', so I suspect therein lies at least some of if not all of the answer as to why he's taking up the UFC's side against the fighters here.

So it stil are those famous juicy coupons he is after.

Wonder how he would feel if the UFC didn't pay him if they decided they aren't airing some looking for a fighter episodes after recording....

Greedypotomus strikes again

WRiabjv.jpg

Yeah actually this is why when you hire these services, they usually make you sign a guarantee contract, because stupid cheap fucks like Din Thomas might hire them.

That show is still on?

Pretty fucking sad from a guy like Din Thomas. Shame really.

be healthy turn up, make weight, your opponent gets pulled = get half of your purse.

be ali's fighter, turn up with an infection, don't tell anyone, get pulled a few ours before the fight = get your whole purse.

I know that Nasrat weighed officialy in and scott didn't, but thats ridicoulus.

it just seems too disingenuous to me. it's not like Din Thomas is Ariel Helwani or some guy who's never had a fight. he was a pro fighter for some years, he knows how it works.

if the UFC wants to do what he thinks they should do, then they should pay for the fighter's camps and corners and such. it's either that or they have replacement fighters ready to keep the show going.

Pretty fucking sad from a guy like Din Thomas. Shame really.

Yeah I am a fan of Din Thomas as a fighter & as a coach, but this was some sad shit.

I totally get it if he feels like he can't join the cause because he doesn't want to threaten his job on 'Lookin' For A Fight', but then at least have the decency to be quiet while other fighters are trying to improve their working conditions, instead of jumping in there like an obvious lapdog for the company.

Back