Jimi Manuwa has a glass chin?

Rockman14

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Only lost 3 times to 3 strikers with KO power, least of them being Gus which still has KO’d people and has good striking, the other 2, Volkan and Rumble are big power punchers.

So Jimi has a glass chin?

I wouldn't say he necessarily has a glass chin but when was the last time this was brought up?

He has horrible recovery. He hasn’t been dropped by weak punchers.

Fighter gets KOd once = glass chin. Sherdog logic.

Not glass but perhaps not as good as needed to really make his aggresive style a success at the highest level.

The top strikers at 205 can put out anyone with a clean punch. His defense, which allowed some of those losses to happen may come into question. Moreso than his chin at least.

The same problem as Overeem, when he gets hurt the fights generally over.
very difficult to improve that. the successful guys have a natural chin, to train it without damaging your brain is very difficult I assume. Anyway, is there are specific training for that?

very difficult to improve that. the successful guys have a natural chin, to train it without damaging your brain is very difficult I assume. Anyway, is there are specific training for that?

Always seemed hard to know for sure, is it something physical or is it mentality? it did seem like guys who trained in very high intensity environments like Chute Boxe tended to have great recovery the same way they have great killer instinct when finishing a hurt opponent.

It's 2018 everyone has a glass chin

The same problem as Overeem, when he gets hurt the fights generally over.
Exactly. It was shocking to see him survive when Nelson and Werdum rocked him in round 3 of those two fights.

Werdum definitely would’ve finished him if he didn’t go for a takedown.

Rumble couldn't KO Arlovski or DC with clean power punches on the chin
Didn't =/= couldn't
Rumble absolutely COULD KO anyone. Rumble did break AA's jaw and he did drop DC. I'd imagine that either the uppercut he landed on Glover or the punch he landed on Manuwa would KO most humans

No such thing as a glass chin.

Glass defense? Now that's worth discussing.

Not so much a glass chin. He just leaves himself susceptible to be hit and when you get hit with a hard shot, you'll most likely go down.

Back