Tony's training partner basically picks Khabib

TheLastEmperorReurns

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
timestamped:

This guy doesn't explicitly say it but pretty much winks that he picks Khabib but can't say it because he trains with Tony

200.gif

kevin lee going with ferguson because his loss would look better if he beat khabib

Well actually he explicitly picks Khabib by saying he would put money on him

Still green, bad weight cut, staph infection Kevin Lee took Tony down (multiple times) and mounted him.

This will be a beatdown on Khabib's part. People like to bring up Tony's guard game (which is very good), however I don't see Khabib sitting in his guard as he usually is always in a dominant top position when pounding his opponents and he wont play that game with Tony as it's pretty much the only danger he poses towards Khabib.

giphy.gif

Khabib fights like a machine, it's hard to blame anyone picking him.

That just proves that Mike Perry hits very hard.

I actually respect him for giving an honest opinion.

Alan is an analyst as well so he's probably trying to look at it from that point of view.

Khabib fights like a machine, it's hard to blame anyone picking him.
Funny, but that's exactly one of the reasons I'm picking against him - other than Tony being the superior athlete in nearly all regards. Khabib is like a machine, programmed and predictable. Tony is a fighter, driven from the inside and unpredictable. Can't wait for this fight!

timestamped:

This guy doesn't explicitly say it but pretty much winks that he picks Khabib but can't say it because he trains with Tony

Morales and Jouban both basically picked Khabib.. after both initially said Tony.

I actually respect him for giving an honest opinion.

Alan is an analyst as well so he's probably trying to look at it from that point of view.
Morales who was also asked to pick, is also one of Tony's training partners/teammates, and basically said the same as Jouban.

think it's pretty obvious at this point khabib is favoured to win but I will say one thing... regardless of what the odds-makers, fighters or general public say, as a training partner or "friend" of Tony... you don't fucking pick against the guy. now whatever the outcome is all you've shown is that you're an asshole. team supports team whoever the opponent.

Does TS not know who jouban is? Feels like you're going out of your way not to say his name lol.

Funny, but that's exactly one of the reasons I'm picking against him - other than Tony being the superior athlete in nearly all regards. Khabib is like a machine, programmed and predictable. Tony is a fighter, driven from the inside and unpredictable. Can't wait for this fight!

I think about it a little every day, I really hope it happens this time....

young-man-making-wish-fingers-crossed-31654029.jpg

Why do you think Tony is the superior athlete in all regards?

Also- Khabib might be predictable- but nobody knows how to stop what he brings to table. Every one of his opponents knew what he intended to do against them and still couldn't stop it.

Tony might be unpredictable but so is Krazy Horse. A strong, solid style works like an antitode against ADHD styles.

Still green, bad weight cut, staph infection Kevin Lee took Tony down (multiple times) and mounted him.

This will be a beatdown on Khabib's part. People like to bring up Tony's guard game (which is very good), however I don't see Khabib sitting in his guard as he usually is always in a dominant top position when pounding his opponents and he wont play that game with Tony as it's pretty much the only danger he poses towards Khabib.

giphy.gif

Keep in mind Tony's durability and gas tank though. Lee isn't the grappler that Khabib is, but he's pretty damn good when fresh. Tony does take chances off his back that lead to him giving up position and getting in bad spots. But at the end of round 1, Tony had gained guard back just before the bell. And when the round ended, Tony popped right up and didn't even look like he'd broken a sweat (despite being mounted and eating some gnp).

Khabib won't sit in Tony's full guard, I think you're right. He prefers to advance to half guard and stay there to do damage. Early on, it will be interesting to see if Tony is able to tie Khabib up a bit in his rubber guard, avoid taking dumb chances, and make Khabib work. Again, Tony is crazy durable and way more capable off his back than MJ (you are showing him getting blasted, but MJ just is a turtle on the mat--see his last fight with Elkins) or Barboza, but he's so aggressive that sometimes it works against him.

IF Tony can survive early, there's a good chance his superior gas tank takes over late. Khabib has never been past 3 rounds, and has slowed in some of his fights after round 2 (not gassed, that's too strong a word for sure, but definitely slowed). Tony has cardio for weeks, he's not gonna get tired. If Tony survives and Khabib slows, we could very well see Tony take over and start piecing Khabib up, or getting Khabib's neck if he leaves it exposed due to fatigue.

Back