GOATs for a moment in time

CrimsonFan

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
We all pretty much agree on the top 4 or 5 greatest mma fighters.. In whichever order

This thread isnt about looking at a fighters entire career.. But looking at a fighters high point and assesing their skills.

Example.. I think Bj Penn that fought Kenflo and Diego was the best LW weve seen. Although if you look at his career as a whole its high debatable.

Another one, Randy Couture with his old man strength and his return to HW.

The guy that fought Gonzaga was a whole lot better than the version a few years later against Nog. I think he was also better than he was as a LHW just from experience and time put in.

Obviously these guys will go down as great, but their careers had highs and lows.

Ill still take that version of Randy over Stipe and definately Penn over Ferg. I think he would be able to grapple with Khabib too and easily out strike him

TRT Vitor was the most vicious & deadly fighter ever imo

Jon Jones after he finished machida, and shogun.

Renan Barao. Was like 30-1 or some shit and was wrecking everyone. Now no one dares speak his name and he fights on the undercard

cody.
beats dom and looks ridiculous in yhe lead up
loses to Tj in first defense.

BJ
Tito
Shamrock
Royce
Rim Sylvia
Andre arlovski
Brandon Vera
Renan barao
Dominic Cruz
Anthony Pettis

The list is endless.

Lord Chael was the best middleweight in the world from late 2008 to early 2012.

You cannot be serious. Stipe nullifies Coutures wrestling and dirty boxing, and finishes him in a round or two.
Theres levels in wrestling, and Couture is above Stipe.

Pretty far above. He almost made the olympics

Ancient times: Ken Shamrock / Marco Ruas
Middle ages: Igor Vovchancyn
Pride era - mid UFC: Fedor
UFC post 2007: Anderson
Lately: Jones cheating Jones
Now: I would say Max,not DJ :p

Theres levels in wrestling, and Couture is above Stipe.

Pretty far above. He almost made the olympics

Couture was a lhw that made hw. Stipe is a legit hw. He beats Couture standing, on the ground, everywhere.

Seriously? Stipe might be the best hw ever, not the GOAT, but the best. Couture is a legend, but he's not even close to being near the best at any weightclass.

Greatest Of All Time

For a moment in time...

thats-dumb.gif

You cannot be serious. Stipe nullifies Coutures wrestling and dirty boxing, and finishes him in a round or two.

I think Stipe would be too much for Randy as well, and wrestling as it relates to mma has evolved especially defensively, since Randy's heyday. No disrespect to a legend like Couture or his wrestling ability, in his time he was tough to beat, but let's not disrespect Stipe and what he's accomplished either.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cartoonq123
Back