Colby's hustled us all again

FloydMayweatherMMA

Money Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
The day after one of the most entertaining fights in recent months, half the threads are on the subject of Covington, a guy who hasn't fought in months and apparently no one likes or cares about. A lot of people have labelled his schtick annoying, cringeworthy, and not worthy of attention, yet here we are still talking about him. Luke Thomas was right, he's trolling the fans instead of the fighters, and it's working. Fair play to him.

The day after one of the most entertaining fights in recent months, half the threads are on the subject of Covington, a guy who hasn't fought in months and apparently no one likes or cares about. A lot of people have labelled his schtick annoying, cringeworthy, and not worthy of attention, yet here we are still talking about him. Luke Thomas was right, he's trolling the fans instead of the fighters, and it's working. Fair play to him.
We are but sherdog. We are a few scrubs amongst a sea of other casual scrubs. Only we care about this.

It's the same 3 people making threads about him and the rest of Sherdog saying that he's just an annoying redneck twat

him being talked about in a few threads on sherdog doesn't translate to anything. who cares lmao.

he's basically jeapordized his entire future to try and cash in on a short term, relatively small spike in attention.

fox sure as fuck isn't going to market him as a personality, he will never be able to try his hand at broadcasting because of the racey shit he's said, his potential future endorsements are basically out the window because companies drop peoples' sponsorships for way less than the shit he's said, and he's burned bridges with a shitload of other fighters all to try and get some attention.

once he loses, and he will, what happens? he's giving himself nowhere to go, and looking at his background he doesnt' have much else going for him especially with a criminal record (dui, fleeing police, assault)

woodley is 50-45'ing this dude's career by not responding to him. makes him look sad and desperate and is killing any momentum he may build by pandering to his redneck base.

Last edited:
He has put himself on the map, even if 90% of it is folks wanting to see him get bodied.

Crazy part is, he can give ANYONE in the division problems.

Dudes wrestling is no joke.

There are still daily Fedor threads.

Sherdoggers enjoy their drama, while telling you they don't.

Only the online nerds know who colby is. Nobody knows who the fuck he is and his fighting style is too boring to be relevant with casuals.

gpudv.gif

trolling and being a douchebag are not mutually exclusive

It's the same 3 people making threads about him and the rest of Sherdog saying that he's just an annoying redneck twat
But the point is, they're still saying it. How many articles do you see about Usman or RDA? Positive or negative, he's generating attention.

He has put himself on the map, even if 90% of it is folks wanting to see him get bodied.

Crazy part is, he can give ANYONE in the division problems.

Dudes wrestling is no joke.
tenor.gif

But the point is, they're still saying it. How many articles do you see about Usman or RDA? Positive or negative, he's generating attention.

that attention doesn't matter. we're already watching MMA. sherdog talking about someone isn't going to spike any type of sales. and no one else gives a fuck about him to talk about him. he doesn't make headlines anywhere other than places like this, but places like this are already tuning in.

hahaha.....If you go WAY back in my post history brotha, you will see I was one of the only guys singing Colbys praises based on ability early in his career (well before the heel thang), and I usually got roasted for it. lol! Folks were like "wtf are you smoking man?"

His wrestling has always been top-notch.

Agreed Colby is really triggering people and getting attention. Not sure what it will get him, but he is doing it on purpose and succeeding ha

Id like to see what colby woodley ppv does.. I think areil is right colby is his money fight and would make ppl route for tyron

he has hustled you noobs

not me

Id like to see what colby woodley ppv does.. I think areil is right colby is his money fight and would make ppl route for tyron

The back-and-forth jawwing between these two would sell the fight.

hahaha.....If you go WAY back in my post history brotha, you will see I was one of the only guys singing Colbys praises based on ability early in his career (well before the heel thang), and I usually got roasted for it. lol! Folks were like "wtf are you smoking man?"

His wrestling has always been top-notch.
I don't doubt it brother !

Once i sign you and @Typrune Goatley to Team Colby i can relax and chill out a bit.

#Fight or GTFO & off Twitter

Back