Pick from the poll the TWO best Play-by-Play Commentators in UFC history

Two best play-by-play commentators in UFC history?

• Total voters

JayPettryMMA

Danger Zone Aficionado
Staff member
Forum Administrator
Reaction score
Inspired by @TCE's thread, I'm curious how people feel about PBP guys we have now vs the ones from the past.

And no, I don't care, Joe Rogan was not a play-by-play guy. I don't care that he was unofficially the PBP guy for UFC 42, he was joined by the NYBA on that broadcast so that card it is what it is.

You can pick two.

Todd Grisham

Feel like this is going to be more of a wash.

Edit: Voted Goldie and Anik. Fuck the haters.

John Gooden is the british fight night guy right? I like Goldberg jokes as much as the next guy, but I can't pick him with a straight face. Looking up his lowlights on youtube gives the expression of some hilarious quote-machine, but in actuality his commentary was 1% golden nuggets of idiocy and 99% obnoxious and intrusive with inane trivia and irrelevant observations.

Fully expect him to win this poll though, people seem to really dislike Anik and I don't see why. He does his job well enough.

I really miss Bruce Beck.

He was the most exciting PBP guy in the UFC. He had that energy in his voice on top of being a great speaker.

Of course, the real GOATS are Stephen Quadros and Mauro Ranallo. UFC was never able to acquire their services.

Todd Grisham
19931628_1819804984939602_8125586109758439424_n.jpg

Jimmy Smith hands down he does not yell in the mic he will fight any man that walks this earth and the list goes on and on. Just because he just signed on with the UFC means nothing he has as much commentating as any of the yelling idiots

Jimmy Smith hands down he does not yell in the mic he will fight any man that walks this earth and the list goes on and on. Just because he just signed on with the UFC means nothing he has as much commentating as any of the yelling idiots
Smith is a color commentator.

Where the hell is Jim Brown? Is he not considered a pbp commentator? He gets my vote whether he is or not.

Goldberg and Anik I guess

The Bruce Beck/ Jeff Blatnick combo became really good in later UFC events, after both of them became more familiar with NHB and MMA.

It's obviously Goldie. His special brand of terribleness provided countless hilarious moments.

Goldberg

the rest all suck ass so I cant vote for a second person

Everyone except Anik. I am pretty sure most people don't know who Gooden is and he still has as many votes as Anik, that says it all.

Mauro Ronallo is the GOAT play by play commentator.

It's a shame he never commentated for the UFC.

Back