Kevin Lee vs Colby Covington - who wins?

Jerry the mouse

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
My two fav fighters.....got me thinking

Colby is the best grappler in MMA, but Lee has slightly cleaner striking technique. Good matchup

Who wins?

Last edited:
I think Lee can resist getting blanketed with proper preparation. Colby got lit by Maia on feet. Lee would fuck this overhyped dumbo up.

Hmm. A top 3 Welterweight vs a 9th ranked LW. I wonder...
There isn't an area of MMA where Lee could compete with Colby.

I'm copying and pasting my previous post on another thread.

I'd actually like to see a fight between these two.

Colby's cuts from 180-185 while Lee cuts from around 174, so Colby obviously holds the size advantage. Lee could afford to bulk up 6 pounds.

They're both great wrestlers, but instead of getting the classic sloppy brawl when two wrestlers collide, I think Lee would actually try to work in his grappling, and we'd get a decent ground war, with intermittent swangin and bangin on the feet.

Colby probably takes it via gassing Kevin lee out and piecing him up similar to Maia

A top 3 Welterweight
giphy.gif

That bum is barley even Top 10

He beat a washed up over the hill Maia after Woodley put out the blue print on how to beat him.

Yea man, dude is basically a ADCC god.
{<jordan}
He outgrappled ADCC champ Demian Maia.....

Congratulations, you just played yourself <45>

MMA grappling is not BJJ, you goof

Wrestling is grappling too, and nobody in the world is better at that than Colby

A Colby nut hugger wow I didn't know they existed in the real world

Kevin Lee would most likely win by a clear UD after out striking him, stuffing the TDs, and gaining top position/back control after inevitably winning the scrambles.

Neither have spectacular TDD but I've seen more scrambling ability from Lee. So Lee by RNC in the 2nd after edging the striking.

Also disagree that Colby is the best grappler in MMA. Both in MMA and in grappling credentials, he falls short of many others.

Anyone remember when he got it in the head with a boomerang.
My favorite Colby moment. Oh, him vs Lee... Lee by striking. Maia out struck that idiot.

Neither have spectacular TDD but I've seen more scrambling ability from Lee. So Lee by RNC in the 2nd after edging the striking.

Also disagree that Colby is the best grappler in MMA. Both in MMA and in grappling credentials, he falls short of many others.
1. Grappling credentials don't matter in MMA.
2. He 30-25'd a 5th dan Judo black belt
3. He 30-26'd an ADCC champ and multiple time world BJJ champion

He's outgrappled every single fighter he's ever faced (except Alves fluke), and has taken down every single fighter he's ever faced.

He outgrappled ADCC champ Demian Maia.....

Congratulations, you just played yourself <45>

MMA grappling is not BJJ, you goof

Wrestling is grappling too, and nobody in the world is better at that than Colby
Huuh..
So basically Woodley outgrappled Maia too just because he defended all TDs?
Woodley ADCC god instead<mma4>

Colby has better wrestling credentials and is bigger. Il take Colby

Huuh..
So basically Woodley outgrappled Maia too just because he defended all TDs?
Woodley ADCC god instead<mma4>
Woodley lost that fight actually, Maia got robbed.

Woodey did literally nothing in almost every round, at least Maia was attempting to do something.

Colby 30-26'd that same dude and was 5 seconds away from finishing him.

Woodley lost that fight actually, Maia got robbed.

Woodey did literally nothing in almost every round, at least Maia was attempting to do something.

Colby 30-26'd that same dude and was 5 seconds away from finishing him.
Yea but Woodley stopped all his takedowns just like ur Boomerangface so that must mean he outgrappled him right?

Back