“I’m respectful and I’m classy....” -Colby Covington

Squintz

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
At least he was up until about a year ago or so he said. Sounds believable enough.

If someone can timestamp to 2:30 that’d be great.

I think/hope the biggest reason people are turned off by Colby is that he’s not genuine.

Also, since he’s a Sherdogger he knows Perry has a cult following of supporters and just as many if not more haters. So he says something similar to one of Perry’s haters on sherdog have posted in the past in an attempt to win that crowd as fans and to stay relevant by gaining more haters since nobody cares about Colby.

Only issue is Colby isn’t an exciting fighter . He’s not a polarizing character. He doesn’t have natural charisma or wit. He tries to create controversy but it’s not organic.

Is that his girlfriend?

If so, he shouldn't be making fun of Perry's gf's looks.....

Edit: clicked on the vid, I guess it's not his gf

He's just way too dumb to make his trash talk even remotely interesting.

He went for the "heel that people want to see losing" and all he got was the "dumbass that people just want to shut the fuck up already".

Respectful...Classy...

giphy.gif

He’s a good citizen. Calls the police when someone attacks him.

Pretty sure we're all the product of cousin fucking.

He went for the "heel that people want to see losing" and all he got was the "dumbass that people just want to shut the fuck up already".

He faces the problem that every fabricated over the top heel faces..pissing off the wrong people. That’s why the Doom had him running to the cops. I don’t see Perry as one who will just be like, “oh that Colby” either- if they run into each other, it’s not going to be good...

He's fake as fuck. I can't take anything he says serious.

Covington's fake personality is poorly executed.

He treats Brazilian MMA fans how they deserve to be treated. I wish every MMA fighter told those fans how fucking pathetic they are

At least he was up until about a year ago or so he said. Sounds believable enough.

If someone can timestamp to 2:30 that’d be great.

I think/hope the biggest reason people are turned off by Colby is that he’s not genuine.

Also, since he’s a Sherdogger he knows Perry has a cult following of supporters and just as many if not more haters. So he says something similar to one of Perry’s haters on sherdog have posted in the past in an attempt to win that crowd as fans and to stay relevant by gaining more haters since nobody cares about Colby.

Only issue is Colby isn’t an exciting fighter . He’s not a polarizing character. He doesn’t have natural charisma or wit. He tries to create controversy but it’s not organic.

Chaos is everywhere

Colby is the GOAT

Triggering all the soyboys and 300 pounders

Truth is his trash talk has been great at getting under other fighters skins and making fans dislike him in general. Based on skills, I liked his schtick and the fact that he can always back it up. Fact is people will never respect him or anything he has done because of that Brazil incident, imho the crowd got what was coming to them and colby got balls

Back