Have you ever found something beautiful in MMA?

JustOnce

On Hiatus
Double Yellow Card
Reaction score
I mean, people can find beauty in many things, not just girls who are 9.5/10. MMA wouldn't really be the first thing that comes to mind when it comes to that experience of such perception, but it just got me thinking.
I was watching Messi play recently, if you don't know who he is, he's like Fedor Emelianenko of soccer, and sometimes, in the middle of the game, that split second or so, he almost looks like that divine god among mere mortals, painting a masterpiece on the field, something beautiful...I don't know if there have been a similar experience watching MMA, but perhaps only thing that comes close to might be watching Royce in UFC 1. When an announcer was saying about how when you are so strong you don't even need to be violent, or something along that line after Royce's performance, I felt this chill down my spine...

Stop watching your lame anime so much. Total cringe.

Last edited:
Short answer, yes!

11379347_1657385924480397_1013121785_n.jpg

First thing that came to mind was the chris elbowing munoz

TJ vs Barao 1 was beautiful.

Holly vs Ronda was beautiful.

First thing that came to mind was the chris elbowing munoz

A genuinely good guy getting unnecessary brain damaged in a fight that should've been stopped way earlier.

Nice, you douche.

I mean, people can find beauty in many things, not just girls who are 9.5/10. MMA wouldn't really be the first thing that comes to mind when it comes to that experience of such perception, but it just got me thinking.
I was watching Messi play recently, if you don't know who he is, he's like Fedor Emelianenko of soccer, and sometimes, in the middle of the game, that split second or so, he almost looks like that divine god among mere mortals, painting a masterpiece on the field, something beautiful...I don't know if there have been a similar experience watching MMA, but perhaps only thing that comes close to might be watching Royce in UFC 1. When an announcer was saying about how when you are so strong you don't even need to be violent, or something along that line after Royce's performance, I felt this chill down my spine...

It's football brah. Yeah I like to watch the strategy and try to figure out their gameplans, kind of therapeutic. Just like it's therapeutic for me watching them pass the football around.

Anderson Silva matrix live in the cage was a thing of beauty!!! I remember when I used to watch him I was in awe how someone can actually do that and make his opponents look so mediocre

I'd say guys who set stuff up are artists. They set traps, lull you into it, and execute. Perfect (obvious) example was Anderson's finish of Stephan Bonnar. Anderson baited him to the fence, got out of the way of some strikes, then absolutely blasted Bonnar with that knee. Art in motion.

A work of fucking art, beautiful...

giphy.gif

A genuinely good guy getting unnecessary brain damaged in a fight that should've been stopped way earlier.

Nice, you douche.

Go watch some figureskating snowflake

Im talking about the elbow chris landed as munoz stepped in, it was utterly exquisite. If you cant appreciate that then seriously, suck a dick

Nice, you douche.

I think he just means the set up and execution.

Back