Tonights card is weak imo

irishmaniac2013

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
what do you guys think

Featherweight Josh Emmett vs. Jeremy Stephens - will be a good fight but weak main event

Women's Strawweight Jéssica Andrade vs. Tecia Torres - honestly don't care about

Light Heavyweight Ovince Saint Preux vs. Ilir Latifi - meh prelim material

Welterweight Mike Perry vs. Max Griffin - Mike Perry still on a main card,guy is inconsistent,yes has crazy power and potential for a huge knockout but doesn't deserve to be on the main card in my opinion,also don't know why he is on the main card while Alan Jouban who he lost to is on the prelims

Bantamweight Renan Barão vs. Brian Kelleher - only half decent prelim to be honest

I remember when UFC used to stack the Fox cards like Bendo vs Diaz/Gus vs Shogun/BJ vs Rory,Machida vs Bader/Shogun vs Vera,Davis vs Evans/Sonnen vs Bisping,Dodson vs DJ/Cerrone pettis

Well, it's a fun card for sure, but what else do you want for a Fight Night?

For an FS1 card, I think it looks fantastic.

It's probably still better than UFC 222 Lol

i actually think there's a little promise of some fun fights tonight..

oh and rusty nations boy , the till ducker is on the card..

Standard for a fight night. Very weak for an Orlando card though(considering what they gave us the last two times)

what do you guys think

Featherweight Josh Emmett vs. Jeremy Stephens - will be a good fight but weak main event

Women's Strawweight Jéssica Andrade vs. Tecia Torres - honestly don't care about

Welterweight Mike Perry vs. Max Griffin - Mike Perry still on a main card,guy is inconsistent,yes has crazy power and potential for a huge knockout but doesn't deserve to be on the main card in my opinion,also don't know why he is on the main card while Alan Jouban who he lost to is on the prelims

Bantamweight Renan Barão vs. Brian Kelleher - only half decent prelim to be honest

I remember when UFC used to stack the Fox cards like Bendo vs Diaz/Gus vs Shogun/BJ vs Rory,Machida vs Bader/Shogun vs Vera,Davis vs Evans/Sonnen vs Bisping,Dodson vs DJ/Cerrone pettis

It isn't great for a BIG FOX card, but it is a decent card. They could have made BIG FOX's card better if they took some fights from last week - like Cowboy, Sage (Sage is proven name value for casuals believe it or not), Derrick Lewis, and swapped them with some fights on this card.

But I don't mind seeing Stephens, OSP, Perry, Barao fight.

Tonight's card is solid. All 3 men's fights will most likely end via finish. They may not be the biggest name in the sport, but these fights will be entertaining. The UFC is at a point where it really needs to start building up prospects into household names since most of the people you mentioned in your original post who used to fight on the FOX cards are either inactive or getting towards the end of their careers. Can't complain about exciting fights that won't be boring decisions being on a FOX fight night.

Being a Fox card, this is about as free as it gets. Can't really complain IMO.

Plus I think it's actually a pretty good card with some good match ups.

Then don't watch man, I'll be watching and looking for some action. Not every card needs a major star to have good fights.

MMA cards are like women, you may have much more fun with a 6/10 than a 10/10.

what do you guys think

There is a tons of reasons why Fox cards aren't stacked anymore.

-The Conor McGregor caused UFC to start stacking PPVs as much as possible, where even lower end guys hold off to try and get on certain cards.

-Guys only want to fight in their home town now or hold off for home town cards.

-Guys are divas now. Take Colby Covington for example. He is a top 3-4 fighter in the division, is not injured, and hasn't fought in FIVE months. In past years, he would have fought again by now. But now? "I am holding out for a big money title shot." And he isn't an isolated example. With the introduction of the UFC rankings, guys are rejecting fights, only wanting ranked opponents, etc. It made putting up top fights on a consistent basis a mess.

If they packed Fox cards and hyped them properly, they would still draw. Rampage vs. Sonnen, Bellator's card on Paramount drew 1.5 million. There is no reason a great card by the UFC of all organizations on Big Fox should not be pulling in crazy numbers. There are issues on their team.

Back