Colby says he can make 155; how does he matchup against the top Lightweights?

Jerry the mouse

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
So Colby has said he can make 155 comfortably, as he cuts less than 10lbs to make 170 right now.

I think Khabib and Kevin Lee would be interesting fights because they could match his wrestling and keep the fight standing, but I just don't see how anyone else in that division could stop his takedowns and match his pace. Any objective fan has to see that he's a really elite wrestler, with striking that is improving, but not yet polished by any means. His control on the ground is also superb, and his although G&P isn't powerful, but he peppers you with volume and wears you down.

I think he beats Barboza, Chiesa, McGregor, Ferguson, Vick easily. He still beats both Khabib and Lee imo, but they would both be close fights.

What say you?

His wrestling could give anyone problems. Dude is a beast wrestler.

He gets starched by anyone who (i) knows how to properly defend a takedown and (ii) has average striking.

I'm not even talking about good striking.

He gets starched by anyone who (i) knows how to properly defend a takedown and (ii) has average striking.

I'm not even talking about good striking.
So name the Lightweights who can do this....

Dong Hyun Kim was a top-10 170lber with well above average striking and good TDD, and Colby 30-25'd him

Max Griffin is a good striker too, and Colby outstruck him on the feet before taking him down and smashing him.

pretty good against anyone except khabib (maybe)

What is your fascination with Colby OP?
Made a lot of money betting on him, lol

Bet on him in his last 4 fights and he's 4-0 in that span; put 5 units (usually my max bet) on him every time and he's served me well.

He'll be the underdog against Woodley, and I can't wait to put a max bet on him again.

Made a lot of money betting on him, lol

Bet on him in his last 4 fights and he's 4-0 in that span; put 5 units (usually my max bet) on him every time and he's served me well.

He'll be the underdog against Woodley, and I can't wait to put a max bet on him again.

Be honest. You're trying to build hype for him to become the favorite so you can bet the underdog on his next fight and win even bigger because you know he fuckin' sucks and is gonna lose his next fight if it's a top 5

pretty good against anyone except khabib (maybe)

Colby's domination over Maia > anything Khabib has done.

In reality it would be that we get to see 2 shitty strikers try and outstrike one another, in a display that sets the sport back 20 years.

Be honest. You're trying to build hype for him to become the favorite so you can bet the underdog on his next fight and win even bigger because you know he fuckin' sucks and is gonna lose his next fight if it's a top 5
giphy.gif

He got his ass kicked by Maia. Don´t see him beating the top guys.
demian-maia-of-brazil-punches-colby-covington-in-their-welterweight-picture-id867649138

demian-maia-of-brazil-punches-colby-covington-in-their-welterweight-picture-id867649148

He got his ass kicked by Maia. Don´t see him beating the top guys.
demian-maia-of-brazil-punches-colby-covington-in-their-welterweight-picture-id867649138

demian-maia-of-brazil-punches-colby-covington-in-their-welterweight-picture-id867649148
If by ass kicked you mean beat Maia's face into a bloody pulp by way of a 30-26 decision.............ok

Also came closer to finishing Maia than Woodley, Rory or prime Anderson Silva. 10 more seconds in Rd 3 and Maia was done.

If by ass kicked you mean beat Maia's face into a bloody pulp by way of a 30-26 decision.............ok

Also came closer to finishing Maia than Woodley or Rory. 10 more seconds in Rd 3 and Maia was done.
only cuz maia apparently doesn't know what cardio training is <Moves>

Also came closer to finishing Maia than Woodley or Rory. 10 more seconds in Rd 3 and Maia was done.
Maia ran outta gas before he was able to control the fight. Maia is past his 40. Before that happened, Maia was kicking his ass on the feet. Everyone knows that.

Back