Real UFC ppv numbers revealed

greatsantini

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
From John S. Nash on Twitter https://mobile.twitter.com/heynottheface

"For those interested in this kind of thing here's the UFC's ppv numbers for 2006 from their 2007 Duetchbank memo"

DWxdH2mVAAAYgy_

"And here's ppvs for 2014-2016 from the 2016 lenders presentation. Interesting to note it looks like some got lazy & just copied & pasted mmapayouts numbers for everything before UFC 195. Elsewhere in the doc they make it clear at least 193 & 189 did less than shown here"
DWxe6bmUMAAFRnB

Didnt even notice before that the % of headliner changing was that high.
<mma4>

Well yeah. Dana White is known to exaggerate PPV buys, by a lot.

We never know the real numbers these days, we have Dana White on one side who can't go 5 minutes without lying and then there's Dave Meltzer on the other side who uses Google searches to abstract PPV buys.

With so much changed headliners you should wait at least 3 days before the event to buy tickets.

Yep look at them Mighty Mouse numbers..people would rather watch Cops reruns.

now lets compare to fake news dave meltzer

Well yeah. Dana White is known to exaggerate PPV buys, by a lot.
Meltzer, not Dana.

Dave Meltzer is full of shit. He publishes numbers that gives good clicks. Clickbait king

Ronda Rousey was PPV beast. It makes perfect sense for the UFC to promote WMMA on the same platform as MMA. The next Ronda Rousey will make it worth it.

I wonder if they count a business purchasing PPV as 1 buy?

A pal of mine pays 1600 to show a PPV at his bar which in terms of money is the equivalent to 26 single PPV buys

The majority of PPV viewers don't purchase at home, but rather watch at bars.

Ronda Rousey was PPV beast. It makes perfect sense for the UFC to promote WMMA on the same platform as MMA. The next Ronda Rousey will make it worth it.
No, exciting judo fighters sell. Karo Parisyan did good numbers too. Gene and Gokor need to start getting more talent

No, exciting judo fighters sell. Karo Parisyan did good numbers too. Gene and Gokor need to start getting more talent
The 2 are not mutually exclusive. The premise of Ronda being a PPV beast and exciting judo fighters selling can coexist with no logical conflict.

From John S. Nash on Twitter https://mobile.twitter.com/heynottheface

"For those interested in this kind of thing here's the UFC's ppv numbers for 2006 from their 2007 Duetchbank memo"

DWxdH2mVAAAYgy_

"And here's ppvs for 2014-2016 from the 2016 lenders presentation. Interesting to note it looks like some got lazy & just copied & pasted mmapayouts numbers for everything before UFC 195. Elsewhere in the doc they make it clear at least 193 & 189 did less than shown here"
DWxe6bmUMAAFRnB
Your source link just leads to Nash's twitter & not to a source about those 2006 numbers.

My question is: "How do you know those 2006 numbers came from Duetchbank?" The document itself says that they're from public filings & press releases... so that in itself tells me that they didn't rely solely on Duetchbank

all I know is McGregor vs. Mayweather did 9 BILLION buys, dummies

Your source link just leads to Nash's twitter & not to a source about those 2006 numbers.

My question is: "How do you know those 2006 numbers came from Duetchbank?" The document itself says that they're from public filings & press releases... so that in itself tells me that they didn't rely solely on Duetchbank
It says for the HBO numbers. Doesn't mention the UFC there

It says for the HBO numbers. Doesn't mention the UFC there
HBO didn't stream UFC... so it couldn't be HBO exclusive streams.

I read that to mean that HBO did some research... & you said that they are derived from DeutchBank filings... so they must represent the overall UFC numbers... from HBO's research yeah? They are fairly close to Meltzer's numberz. (except for UFC 66) so this also speaks to them representing the UFC's PPV buys.

12/30/06 UFC 66 Liddell v. Ortiz II 1,050,000 (157,414 over)
07/08/06 UFC 61 Ortiz v. Shamrock 775,000 (9,125 over)
05/27/06 UFC 60 Hughes v. Gracie 620,000 (37,675 under)
11/18/06 UFC 65 Hughes v. GSP II 500,000 (12,376 over)
08/26/06 UFC 62 Liddell v. Sobral 500,000 (29,983 over)
04/15/06 UFC 59 Ortiz v. Griffin 425,000 (33,708 over)
09/23/06 UFC 63 Hughes v. Penn 400,000 (17,172 over)
02/04/06 UFC 57 Couture v. Liddell III 400,000 (17,315 over)

These 2 didn't make the list
03/04/06 UFC 58 Franklin v. Loiseau 300,000
10/14/06 UFC 64 Franklin v. Silva 300,000

DWxdH2mVAAAYgy_

HBO has nothing to do with anything UFC did/does & no bars are not counted into PPV buys
they are handled by JoeHand in a separate deal

Sorry I can't give more @Myrddin Wild at this time buddy

Damn, poor Mighty Mouse.

Couldn’t draw vultures if he was dying in the desert

Back