Would Anyone Want To See Robert Whittaker Return to Welterweight In The Future?

digitalman45

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
In this era of superfights and money fights, is there any interest in Whittaker ever returning to 170 to challenge Woodley or have a rematch with Wonderboy or something else? Whittaker is a former welterweight so there are some possibly big fights in that weight class for him if he wanted to pursue them should he clean out 185 in the future. I've heard so many crazy ideas to make big inter-division fights but no discussion of Whittaker fighting anyone in his former weight class.

For years we wanted to see Silva vs GSP but Silva couldn't move down. It's my opinion that Whittaker is on his way to greatness and we'll have the option to see him go down for a superfight one day without the weight being an issue preventing it from happening.

No, what need are dominant(lol) champions who stay active within their weight class.

Last edited:
I just want to see Whitaker return period..

Dudes been a walking injury..

Wonderboy would

He's doing amazing at 185 and his body is hitting its prime, he's too big to make 170 now I think.

No thanks. I want people to go up in weight not down

Except for TJ vs DJ. And that's only because DJ won't go up

Way too big to make 170 now; he said before the Jacare fight that he walks around at 216lbs

I just want to see Whitaker return period..

Dudes been a walking injury..

No way he's been on a crazy run for years with no injury. This is his first injury and he's already back to training. Dude recovered from an injury, staph, and pox really fast.

No, what need are dominate champions who stay active within their weight class.

*dominant.

I don't think Whittaker will go back to WW. I just want him to fight at whatever weight he feels comfortable at.

No thanks. I want people to go up in weight not down

Except for TJ vs DJ. And that's only because DJ won't go up
I think Rob is too small for light heavyweight. I think he has the frame of a 170er.

Back