Bellator Edge over UFC

kingT

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Is it fair to say that Bellator currently has an edge over the UFC? I think yes for the following reasons:
1) No USADA which translates to:
a) stronger performances by fighters which leads to more views
b) more fighters will want to leave the UFC and go to Bellator where they can perform at the highest levels without USADA following them around like their shadows and busting them where they will be labeled later by fight fans as cheaters
2) mismatches where promising up & comers or even star fighters get matched up against cans. That results in dominant performances and incredible finishes that appeal to casuals who like what they see and become instant fans
3) Goldie! Nuff said!
4) better production and flexibility as far as entrances, entrance music, uniform, etc.

What do you guys think?

Also no Reebok restricting their income.

Bellator is a good product. If they can just get their match making together and Card placement, they'll be going places.

I like Bellator, but (i) they don't have any edge over the UFC, and (ii) some of those reasons you've listed are not good things imo (such as no USADA and "flexibility" regarding entrances).

Only if you are like a #3-6 in the world, and you’re not likely to ever have a serious chance of becoming a dominant UFC champ.

If that’s your situation, then Bellator is a FAR superior org for you.

giphy.gif

Last edited:
Even with UFC’s diminishing quality it is still way better than Bellator

Is it fair to say that Bellator currently has an edge over the UFC? I think yes for the following reasons:
1) No USADA which translates to:
b) more fighters will want to leave the UFC and go to Bellator where they can perform at the highest levels without USADA following them around like their shadows and busting them where they will be labeled later by fight fans as cheaters

It was so sad when Kimbo and Shamrock tested positive in Bellator after such solid performances. Also Bellator made millions with that crazy barnburner of a fight between Davis and Bader.

2) mismatches where promising up & comers or even star fighters get matched up against cans. That results in dominant performances and incredible finishes that appeal to casuals who like what they see and become instant fans

That's why MVP always headlines +2 millions PPV.

3) Goldie! Nuff said!
4) better production and flexibility as far as entrances, entrance music, uniform, etc.

What do you guys think?

Yes, I always chose my MMA according to who is allowed to have fireworks.

UFC talent>>>Bellator talent..

And that's all that matters...

In theory, but I haven't seen it yet.
I've been underwhelmed by a lot of the latest Bellator fights and haven't seen anything that would make me say that they have any edge over the UFC based on what I've seen so far.
But I'm not an avid Bellator watcher.

Freak show fights and sketchy drug testing policies. Yes, it's a shitty version of Pride with a bunch of former UFC fighters<mma4>

That's why MVP always headlines +2 millions PPV.

To be fair, he's not on the biggest platform. If he was in the UFC, and was successful, I guarantee he'd be doing big numbers. Even ESPN shows his highlights, and that speaks volumes. ESPN doesn't give a shit about MMA, let alone Bellator.

Maybe if the Roster evolves in the next 10 years. As a Employee you have many benefits from sponsors to libertys to go do other things like Page in Boxing and Lashley in Pro Wrestling, also not getting tested especially at random times like 4 in the morning, so if the money is right more and more will leave but Bellator has to ivest money make Bellator a place to be, this is only speculation but as of now as a fighter you have many benefits if you come over from the UFC.

Hell no. Strikeforce was closer with 1/4 the shows.

The one thing I definitely like better about Bellator is the Tournaments.

UFC could use a tournament in a few divisions right now to sort things out. It would be so damn exciting. Everyone talks about injuries and people dropping out but that is why we have alternate bouts

Only if you are like a #3-6 in the world, and you’re not likely to ever have a serious chance of becoming a dominant UFC champ.

If that’s your situation, then Bellator is a FAR superior org for you.

giphy.gif

Wtf was Bader thinking lol

Bellator had a card headlined by Alessio Sakara like a month and a half ago.

Lets not even pretend they are at the same level.

Bellator is doing a good job at accumulating young talent.

i always hope for bellator to become the strikeforce 2.0

Back