In terms of talent and skill level Gustafsson is at the same level as Jones

AnthonyrumbleJoshua

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Gus proved this when he went to war with a prime Jones for 5 hard rounds. He showed that he is arguably the better fighter than Jones and a lot of MMA experts thought he won that fight and could quite possibly beat Jones if they did ever rematch.

Gus is the dark horse of the light heavyweight division. The guys who he has lost to have been top level guys and Gus could have easily won those fights.

I don’t think that Gus gets enough credit around here. Just because he hasn’t been champion dosen’t mean he isn’t one of the greatest lhws ever.

You must be conveniently forgetting the Rumble slaughter.

URGhrvm.gif

I DO think he gave Juicehead all that he could handle though.

No he is not, Gus should have beat both Jones and cormier.

But he didn't have the heart and will to see it through like both cormier and Jones did

If you would of said cormier then that would of been a fair comparison

In terms of skill, he is absolutely one of the top 5 LHWs ever

I favour him over any version of Rampage, Wanderlei, Igor, Randy, Hendo, Rashad, Tito, Forrest

Gus beats clean Jones. He’s a different animal than he was back then, and looking at him now, he wasn’t even fully grown when he fought Jones.

Gus beats clean Jones. He’s a different animal than he was back then, and looking at him now, he wasn’t even fully grown when he fought Jones.

He actually was fully grown, he just cut a lot of height for that fight. Height cutting can be deceiving.

No he is not, Gus should have beat both Jones and cormier.

But he didn't have the heart and will to see it through like both cormier and Jones did

If you would of said cormier then that would of been a fair comparison

Steroid cheats don’t have heart
If you gotta cheat you’re a coward

Striking - undoubtedly
Grappling - fuck no

Gus proved this when he went to war with a prime Jones for 5 hard rounds. He showed that he is arguably the better fighter than Jones and a lot of MMA experts thought he won that fight and could quite possibly beat Jones if they did ever rematch.

Gus is the dark horse of the light heavyweight division. The guys who he has lost to have been top level guys and Gus could have easily won those fights.

I don’t think that Gus gets enough credit around here. Just because he hasn’t been champion dosen’t mean he isn’t one of the greatest lhws ever.
anyone with a brain knows jones is a juicer and an unknown off the roids. gus went toe to toe with him off the juice. therefore gus is superior to jones. simple really. not equal as you suggest.

anyone with a brain knows jones is a juicer and an unknown off the roids. gus went toe to toe with him off the juice. therefore gus is superior to jones. simple really. not equal as you suggest.

Anyone with a brain should also know that it's kinda weird that a "clean" fighter can go toe to toe with an anabolic phenom who's also the greatest fighter of all time.

Don't you think?

<21>

Anyone with a brain should also know that it's kinda weird that a "clean" fighter can go toe to toe with an anabolic phenom who's also the greatest fighter of all time.

Don't you think?

<21>
Sorry. what you posted makes no sense at all.
Absence of brain detected. Dont you think.

Yup. I agree 100%.

If he actually was a bad fighter and far, far, far away from Jones in terms of skill, then how come their fight was THAT close?

It doesn't make any sense to dismiss Gus as a top fighter after the beating he gave Jones. If you do, it's nothing but sheer hate for the guy.

Also, look at how easy he avoided Glover's strikes. I've said this before, and people didn't listen, but Gus has evolved in the last 2-3 years.

Back